So what is your firearm that you wish was made?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Is like to see manual action 22LR type rifles.... be tastefully made to shoot 9mm. Like a bolt action tube fed 9mm

Or a 9mm PCC THAT DOESNT LOOK TACTICAL! Why does the industry not realize this... Wood stock and blued steel.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Not a firearm , but a wish !
    All silencers / sound suppressors should NOT need any paperwork or have to pay the government to own.
    They should just be a item to buy for any gun you choose .
    Just like a scope , muzzle break etc.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Is like to see manual action 22LR type rifles.... be tastefully made to shoot 9mm. Like a bolt action tube fed 9mm

Or a 9mm PCC THAT DOESNT LOOK TACTICAL! Why does the industry not realize this... Wood stock and blued steel.
    Yep like a Marlin Camp 9 or M1 Carbine that uses Glock mags. I would be interested in that one.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Yep like a Marlin Camp 9 or M1 Carbine that uses Glock mags. I would be interested in that one.
    A 9mm M1 Carbine clone that is NOT straight blowback is on my want list. Chiappa makes a blowback one, but the action is clunky and per the reviews reliability is terrible. Other companies have tried their hands at it in the past as well, all blowback, and all had issues. I'd like to see something with a short stroke piston that leverages something close to the original carbine design...this would allow for a lighter, smoother operating bolt and flatter recoil, not to mention better reliability. The challenge is producing enough gas from a 9mm to operate such a system. Sig seems to have figured it out, so it clearly can be done. Even a radialy-delayed system like the CMMG Banshee would be better than the straight blowback stuff.

I don't even care of it uses proprietary mags provides it cycles smoothly and runs reliably.

My other wish list item is a 5-shot 2 3/4" barreled S&W L-Frame like the current model 69, but scandium-framed instead of steel...and if we're really getting whatever we want, chamber it in .45 Colt instead of .44 Mag. There have been some 6-shot J-Frame variants similar to this in the past, but they're no longer made and extremely expensive...and I prefer the thinner profile of the L-Frame for carry.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Like this?

1646592563928.jpeg 1646592586759.jpeg

Okay, it's 9mm Largo, but still... :) It would be cool if Ruger would bring back the Marlin Camp 9 and Camp 45 though.

1646592704763.png

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Modern optics-capable semi-auto (AR10 platform?) in 7.5 Swiss. Don't have the scratch for an STG 57.

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    My Dad had a .45 camp carbine that I shot as a kid. Literally my favorite memories of shooting with him. It was the first gun I ever used to outshoot my old man, surprised the hell out of us both!

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    Not a firearm , but a wish !
    All silencers / sound suppressors should NOT need any paperwork or have to pay the government to own.
    They should just be a item to buy for any gun you choose .
    Just like a scope , muzzle break etc.
    This should be how it is. The fact that the hearing protection act made it nowhere was crushing. I was naive and had high hopes.

crosse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    PNW
    Me I am waiting for Henry to make a 20 gauge lever action.
    Stoner 63A with full kit or factory HK G3Cs or ZM LR-300 or... haha it never ends. But I do think the Stoner for the historical importance. Or the Surefire MGX.

vtnewbie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2019
    Vermont
    I want every gun to have a removable high-capacity magazine, pistol grip, folding stock, flash suppressor, and bayonet lug.

Are there any features I missed?

Top Bottom