• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I picked up an XDm-40 3.8 first, followed shortly thereafter by a Sig Sauer p226 Dark Elite 9mm... Now I'm trying to figure out what to add to the collection next.

There are so many that I've seen that I've gone "oooooooh, I want," but I haven't been able to narrow it down.

I'm sure I could probably post a list of what's on my mind and see what you guys think - but I think it will be more fun to hear what you guys have to say. Obviously we're all going to be a little biased, but that's fine - we're all human! :).

ubertux

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Tell City
    for your pistol collection a 1911 in .45acp. If all you have is pistols though I would recommend a 12 gauge pump, and a +1 for the mosin nagant.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My buddy has a 12 gauge, shot about 100 bird shot through it and around 20 slugs... Fun, but a bit on the large side (meh, I guess I like being able to carry my guns around) LOL.

Was looking at an AR-15 but the Optic I would want to get is more than the gun! BLEH

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    FNH Five-seveN

FiveseveN.jpg

:rockwoot:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Got an SR9c, AR and a 10/22 that I all shoot on a regular basis and by a landslide the 10/22 turned out to provide the most all around entertainment.

I can shoot it all day long for a fraction of the cost of the others.... I'm not a gunsmith, but love to tinker on my toys and with all the aftermaket parts for this thing, its a hobbyists dream. There are a ton of modifications you can do yourself and plenty of youtube tutorials to follow and best of all... for $200 you don't have to feel guilty if you screw something up.

(besides even if you screw something up, there are so many used replacement parts available its usually a cheap fix anyway)

Next up... new Volquartsen extractor :D:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Something that goes BOOM!! Heck I've got a 10/22 in the safe and never been shot.

Shame... my 10/22 has been sitting in my living room undergoing continual small modification after modification for nearly a month straight now.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'd actually like a bolt action rifle. Anything similar to the 10/22 (but bolt action) that you could recommend? :-)

A bolt action is on my short list as well.... Apparently the Remington 700 series (not the 770) is a great rifle for the price and has a ton of aftermarket options as well.

I'm sure some of the long range guys on here would be a much better source of info than me.

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Look at some Mil Surp i.e. Mauser, Mosin, Enfield or something like that. Good shooters and cheap Mil Surp ammo availabe. Nothing like shooting a piece of history

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    FNH Five-seveN

FiveseveN.jpg

:rockwoot:

I was looking at one of those the last gun show I went to. Also checked out an AR upper. Me likey but I've got a lot of other guns on my list and I took a limited amount of $$ because I was looking for something fairly common...the show had NONE.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I was looking at one of those the last gun show I went to. Also checked out an AR upper. Me likey but I've got a lot of other guns on my list and I took a limited amount of $$ because I was looking for something fairly common...the show had NONE.
    I was looking for a p226 Dark Elite in 0.40 and only found one that was waaayyyy overpriced. Saw a few standard p226s in .40 but I was specifically after the Elite.

Still pretty happy with my 9mm Elite :).

Top Bottom