• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I've bought guns i thought i wanted and then sold them after i shot them. I don't think there is one correct answer to your question. A .22 pistol is fun (and cheap) to shoot.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ok, so I decided on a bolt action .22 LR - any suggestions on makes/models? I'd like something that is fairly nice out of the box but can be upgraded (give me something to tinker with).

zfjohnson1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Not trying to change your mind on the bolt action, but you might look into get a henry if you like lever actions. I've owned mine for over a decade and it still works flawlessly and is a lot of fun to shoot.

As far as bolt action rifles go, if you want it new, I would check out some different Marlins. I've only owned 1 (it's a semi-auto), but it seems to be reliable and came at a good price. I don't really know what you can do to them as far a modifications go, but as far as being a decent out of the box rifle, I've enjoyed mine.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok, so I decided on a bolt action .22 LR - any suggestions on makes/models? I'd like something that is fairly nice out of the box but can be upgraded (give me something to tinker with).
    savage mark II, stocks available and triggers if i recall. they are tack drivers out of the box though. 160-175 bucks too. pretty cheap

Top Bottom