• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So where was all this great advice when I was down there for the demonstration a couple weeks ago? Coulda saved me from truck stop food.

I'm from NWI, so I'm not up on current Indy news. But wasn't there problems with groups of kids at the canal????

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If your wife enjoys wine tastings in the lobby of the conrad is a good relaxing atmosphere. If you would like to enjoy a cigar and a scotch nicky blaines is another nice spot. You wouldnt even know its a cigar bar with the ventilation system they have. As for places to eat id do st elmos, ruth chris or capital grill. Fogo is top notch but i would do lunch there since its half the price of dinner and my wife will not eat that much.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Other top choices:
    Bluebeard - Irvington/Fountain Square. 4 or 5 minutes from the JW in a artsy, eclectic neighborhood with several small music venues, other restaurants and some really nice cocktail bars (most notably for me Imbibe, La Revolucion, Brass Ring)
    The Libertine - great drinks, made the right way. Small plate dinner choices. A few blocks from the JW.
    Ball and Biscuit - more drinks than food, but night cocktail spot. Mass Avenue District, 4-5 minutes from JW.
    MacNivans - Scottish Pub. Traditional Scottish food, great beer and whiskey selection. Mass Ave.
    BARcelona - Tapas. Downtown.
    Ralph's Great Divide - A little but of a dive, but really good food. Not fancy, but a nice experience. Piano player on the weekend. Around the corner from Sun King Brewery.
    Smoking Goose Meatery - Yep, I said meatery! Cured meats of every description! Irvington, about same distance as Fountain Square, in roughly the same direction. Next door to Flat12 brewery.
    King David Dogs - Best hot dog you've ever had. Downtown.
    Brugge - Belgian food, Broadripple. Good beer, duck fat fried frites.
    Flatwater - Broadripple. Great beer selection, along the canal.

I am astounded to find out just what a cosmopolitan lot my INGO e-friends are. :scratch:

I have lived in Indianapolis for 58 years, and I have never heard of a single one of the places that Rockhopper mentions.

This thread has shifted my paradigm. All of this time I thought that we were all a batch of gun toting savages.

Now I feel alone and frightened.:runaway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am astounded to find out just what a cosmopolitan lot my INGO e-friends are. :scratch:

I have lived in Indianapolis for 58 years, and I have never heard of a single one of the places that Rockhopper mentions.

This thread has shifted my paradigm. All of this time I thought that we were all a batch of gun toting savages.

Because you're the only gun toting savage???

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood

Ditto

Top Bottom