So, when you finally get the “Grail Gun”....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I feel like there will always be a "Grail Gun" it will just change as a collection grows. It may not be immediately after you get something you were searching for but something will come along or tastes will change and you'll decide it time for a new "Grail" I keep telling myself I don't need another caliber to worry about but then I see something cool that I like in a caliber I don't currently shoot and I don't need that becomes eh, one more wouldn't be so bad.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    One of the big challenges for me is to keep my "Just in case I find xxxx at the price I'm willing to pay" money from getting drained away for other, sometimes clearly more important projects. Dave Ramsey I ain't.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    finally got my grail gun it is the one at the bottom .A 1911 lady smith ,the smallest revolver that S&W made 22 long (not 22 long rifle) original finish & grips . I have made IVORY grips for it because it deserves the best search for 1 for about 10 years .Saw plenty thet were junk because people shot 22 long rifle in them and cracked the forcing cone and coroded because they were not properly cleaned
    Above it is a 29-2 nickel with a 6 1/2 barrel
    0DUFIO8.jpg

mntman0902

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2018
    dunreith
    Nice gun and nice shooting as well. My grail gun was the x5 legion. No its not an old timer or an hard to find one. But ever since i held one, i knew i wanted it. It has not disappointed. I use it for idpa and its perfect for that.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Finally (shout out to kawtech87 and hopper)...

Wait, what did I do? I don't even remember being there! It wasn't me I swear! Oh... yeah that, I did do that.

Nice looking gun man! I sold mine off a while back to fund something else several grail guns ago.

Now, no new guns for me for some time.... :( but at the same time :rockwoot: life is confusing for me right now

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Wait, what did I do? I don't even remember being there! It wasn't me I swear! Oh... yeah that, I did do that.

Nice looking gun man! I sold mine off a while back to fund something else several grail guns ago.

Now, no new guns for me for some time.... :( but at the same time :rockwoot: life is confusing for me right now

NORMALLY I find a way to talk myself out of the “just go ahead and do it” option and settle.

While I keep thinking “wow, can’t believe I spent that”, I don’t have any regrets. Guess that says something.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    NORMALLY I find a way to talk myself out of the “just go ahead and do it” option and settle.

While I keep thinking “wow, can’t believe I spent that”, I don’t have any regrets. Guess that says something.

Very nice piece. However "the check is in the mail" goes with "this is my last gun"

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I have a tendency to over research things I want. Then by the time I get it the novelty has almost completely worn off and I'm back looking for something new again. So I can't say definitively that "THIS" is my favorite gun or "THAT ONE" I'll never sell. Because they are/were all my favorite at one point. But I don't have to worry about it anymore for a while.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I'll do this also-over research. Sometimes so much that I talk myself out of it or just lose interest.

QBall

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2020
    New Salisbury
    Heh, yeah, longstanding Grail Gun for me is a Smith and Wesson Model 629 Deluxe 3". I've been in love with the 3" N Frame since I saw a "US Customs Service" gun in the Fun Store about 30 years ago.
    I was very close to pulling the trigger on a 3" when a buddy distracted me with a first generation 686 4" in very nice condition.
    Thanks Pal.

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I recently scored a P229 Legion so I am good until my next couple VA checks accumulate and beg to be sacrificed for a shootin' iron.

Top Bottom