so who near corydon, in has 358 hoosier dies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boostedtwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Corydon, IN
    Are any of you near corydon, IN have a set of 358 hoosier dies? I went down to princeton to my father in laws (he has a set) and loaded 50 rds, and they won't chamber so I need to dismantle them and redo them. So if you have a set and wouldnt mind if I stopped by and used them *at your house* it would be great.

boostedtwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Corydon, IN
    random once fired 308 brass, and I havent received my rifle yet, should have it this weekend but I know someone else that has one and its not chambering, I think I have figured the problem out, but without finding a spec sheet I wont know for sure. Are you local HuntMeister

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    You're gonna have to use Winchester brass if you're making it from .308s. It's the only stuff that'll fit in mine and two of my friends' guns. And I've tried them all. Any brand .358win brass will work though.

I have yet to understand why anyone would buy a wildcat chambered gun and not have plans to reload for it.

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    random once fired 308 brass, and I havent received my rifle yet, should have it this weekend but I know someone else that has one and its not chambering, I think I have figured the problem out, but without finding a spec sheet I wont know for sure. Are you local HuntMeister

Unfortunately I am not local to you or I would gladly help you out.
    Most likely military brass will not work as it is too thick. Winchester brand commercial 308 or 358 brass is what most everyone is using with success but some of the newer production runs of Winchester is too thick as well. I had some Remington commercial 308 that required neck turning to chamber.
    Who is making your rifle and who made the rifle that you tried the brass in?
    Also, what bullet are you using and what COAL?
    Did you inspect the brass after trying to chamber it to see where it is making contact at?

boostedtwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Corydon, IN
    well honestly I reamed my brass, then had to run and haul a buddies car, when I got back my father in law (gunsmith) had been messing with it, he said that was the problem.

Top Bottom