• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    This is a recipe for the celery haters(i am one)

Ingredients
    8 stalks celery, rinsed and trimmed, leaves chopped and reserved
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter
    Pinch kosher salt
    Pinch freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 cup good quality beef stock or broth(low sodium)
    Directions
    Peel any of the fibrous outer stalks of celery with a vegetable peeler and slice into 1-inch pieces on the bias.

Heat the butter in a 10-inch saute pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the celery, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes until just beginning to soften slightly. Add the beef broth and stir to combine. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the celery is tender but not mushy, approximately 5 minutes. Uncover and allow the celery to continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the liquid has been reduced to a glaze.

ive always hated celery but this was great and easy to make.:rockwoot:

toppgunnz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Indiana
    I'm going to give it a try. Eating celery is like throwing up in my mouth and choking it back down... ugh. I know it's good for you, I'll give it a go...

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I thought it would go like this:

This is a recipe for the celery haters(i am one)

Ingredients
    8 stalks celery, rinsed and trimmed, leaves chopped and reserved
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter
    Pinch kosher salt
    Pinch freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 cup good quality beef stock or broth(low sodium)
    Directions
    Peel any of the fibrous outer stalks of celery with a vegetable peeler and slice into 1-inch pieces on the bias.

Heat the butter in a 10-inch saute pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the celery to the trash can and put other ingredients back, set oven for 350 and put frozen pizza in for 15 minutes

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Raw celery is packed with unique vits and nutriants... cooking it makes it pretty much worthless... so what's the point in eating something you already don't like with no benefit?

Man up, put some peanut butter on it and take it like an elementary schooler.

Or just wrap in bacon...you choose.

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm going to give it a try. Eating celery is like throwing up in my mouth and choking it back down... ugh. I know it's good for you, I'll give it a go...

Don't forget to add your final thoughts afterward...I think I might hate celery even more than you do AND I'm not one for trying new foods.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Raw celery is packed with unique vits and nutriants... cooking it makes it pretty much worthless... so what's the point in eating something you already don't like with no benefit?

im a chubby guy and by no means meant this recipie to get someone to eat a "healthy food" i actually can say i think this tastes good as a side dish :rockwoot:

usually i use this as somthin to use the rest of a bag of celery up i bought a bag becuase i used some in my ham and bean soup then made "ants on a log" for my daughter still had some left so i did this

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Celery? I love celery, Im the weird guy who asks for extra celery with a big plate of hot wings.

Its freaking good with a little salt and ranch dressing or blu cheese.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Not true. Some nutrients are heat sensitive, but cooking never made a vegetable or other food product worthless.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Celery, raw

I eat celery when we have it - slathered in some peanut butter. But even then, it's just as a PB Delivery Vehicle.

Celery isn't BAD for you (unless allergies, etc) - but it's not like it's some kind of super food. It's really not much in the way of anything - caloric or nutritional.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My favorite way to eat celery is when it is raw, and loaded up with crunchy peanut butter. Not a big fan of cooked celery unless it is in Gumbo or vegetable soup.

Top Bottom