• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I had to share this as I am very impressed with the craftsmanship so far as well as a couple other guns that AllenM has built. He has done quite a bit of work for me this year on my current open gun. He has also built more than a few ground up customs for members on the forums and done a lot of work for fellow shooters in our community. He is humble enough to not completely share all of the things he has done, so this is my plug for Allen. His time is also at a premium as he runs a large body shop for a full time gig and only does gunsmithing on the side.

He is currently building an open gun for me and I have to share the pics of what he came up with so far on the pistol. I decided to go with a PT frame and grip (both are stainless), an infinity barrel chambered for 9MM major, and a cheely titanium compensator. I wanted to do around a 10oz slide without tri-topping or lightening holes and had a very vague idea of what i wanted with some panel cuts. I gave him artistic freedom and man did he deliver. Anyway, here are some pics (these are already posted in the gunsmithing forum, but are burried in another thread and I thought that this might warrant it's own thread).

Panel cuts on the slide are Allen's unique design and when all is said and done, slide is under 10oz.

Pics really don't do the machine work any justice at all.

IMG_1936_zpsd7774e92.jpg Photo by VelvetHammer1960 | Photobucket
    IMG_1935_zpsf7ddb54a.jpg

IMG_1937_zpsf8bacae8.jpg

IMG_1936_zpsd7774e92.jpg

Last edited:

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    All the guns I've seen/handled built by Allen are really nice. I'd love to be able to send him some work on a limited gun in the future.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Allen is the go to guy for 1911/2011 work. His mill work is amazing. No one would ever guess he had only been using a mill for around 2 years. He built my single stack gun and is about to completely rebuild a STI Trojan for me after he gets done with your open gun and I think Chads open gun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's a great looking piece of hardware! :thumbsup:

But uh, shouldn't ya put a trigger on it or something? :lmfao:

NOOOO! If the gun is badass enough the targets fall down all by themselves. Thats what makes it a 2011 vs a 1911... you know, like an amp that goes to 11... :laugh:

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    You wouldn't paint a gun "Flash"y colors would you chris!!!

I dunno....Im thinkin this one may get a full polish grip and frame and then a hard chrome or gray cerekote slide. Controls and barrel in a gangsta TiN gold finish maybe??? Still up in the air on finish.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Probably a stupid question but............does "Open" mean without sights?

Open is a division in shooting competitions. Usually signifying very few restrictions like mag capacity, weight restrictions, holster restricitions, use of compensators, use of electronic sights, etc. This gun has no sights as it will have a red dot on it when finished. Like this one:

open.JPG

Top Bottom