So you want to reload but you don’t know where to begin (??)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Shoot...this is so helpful...I printed it...10 pages, but well worth it! Your recommendations are so helpful, I'll probably use this guide in getting set up in a month or two. :yesway: :yesway:

Q: How do I tag this Thread so as to find it again if I ever need it?

Thanks! :patriot:

Last edited:

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So-Cal ~ Huntington Beach
    Great thread, i've been thinking of getting into reloading, and you've managed to answer 99.9% of my questions in about two minutes.

Excellent it's great to hear this thread helped out.. Best of luck to you in your upcoming adventure in reloading.. Just a quick FYI it is rather addicting....

Link.

OK I'LL stick the balloon. This is an excellent artical however you failed to mention advertizers here on ingo carry reloading components. The few cents difference spent locally may help ensure we don't spend time explaining to skate boy at ww what ammo we need. If you have to order compare S&H versisus local price .

My bad.. I meant no disrespect to any our or beloved vendors.. I'll be more than happy to add them to the list..

Please shot me the list and I'll be more than happy to add them..

thank you..

Link..

Fantastic post. I'd decided long ago that I'd get an LCT when it was time to learn reloading. Then, I just ordered one with Midway's birthday pricing (happy birthday to me!), and came here to ask for help on what I'd need besides the press itself, which was all I'd ordered.
    Lo and behold, not only was my choice of LCT borne out, but I got my handy-dandy checklist of everything else I'll need to start actually using it. You, sir, have done a great service to dunderheads like me muddling our way through this stuff for the first time!

Happy b-latted B-DAY.. you're going to be really happy sir with the LCT, it a GREAT machine.. I'm glad the post helped in your shopping list too..

have fun with your toy and please remember the only stupid questions is the one not asked..

link.

tagged for reference...thanks for the great info

You’re more than welcome SIR.. Best of luck to you and your upcoming project..

Link..

Great post Thanks!

You’re welcome Mik... I'm glad you found it informative..

Link..

Thank you Shooter... :D

Shoot...this is so helpful...I printed it...10 pages, but well worth it! Your recommendations are so helpful, I'll probably use this guide in getting set up in a month or two.
    Q: How do I tag this Thread so as to find it again if I ever need it?

Thanks!

Excellent... I'm glad to hear it helped out sir.. Best of luck to you in your upcoming adventure.. If you get stuck along the way please feel free to ask the team, we are all here to help out each other..

Have a great one and thank you again for your time

Link.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Thanks for taking the time to post this information. Been thinking about getting in to reloading and been scowering the internet for help so it's good to see that help was already here.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    I have my first 20 reloaded all went well, except (famous last last words) I have one that is shorter than the rest. I question the safety of firing this round being new to all the reloaded and ar info. I have recently purchased a .458 socom hence the reloading. Not knowing any information will be appreciated thanks

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Read through the ABC's of Reloading and also picked up Lyman's 49th.

Got the Square Deal B all dialed in and ready to crank some rounds out this weekend.

GC Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Great write up. I was wondering how to get started reloading my own ammo. This should get me started in the right direction.:rockwoot:

oneford4x4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    fountain square
    made first step to reload have been thinking about it for a while now got modern reloading second edition richard lee at 1500 saturday i have a single stage rc press and a couple setes of dies i have beam scale most of it was free but i have a lot of home work before i start thanhs for all your help:yesway:

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Super threads for the beginner like myself. Thanks

Excellent.. I'm more than happy to help anyway I can, I'm really glad the thread helped out..

Best of luck to you..

Thanks for taking the time to post this information. Been thinking about getting in to reloading and been scowering the internet for help so it's good to see that help was already here.

You’re more than welcome Sir.. See this site is your one stop shop for anything firearm related.. Long live INGO..

great thread, I picked up a Dillon SDB and am ordering the ABC's to Reloading via the link you posted.

Congrads Hickman... :rockwoot: you're the man.. you've going to live it.. ABC was a smart way to go IMO..

NICE.. Please make sure to ask the team your (upcoming) questions.. Remember the only stupid question is the one not asked and we have all been there and will try to help you avoid ( done that!).. Hahhaa..

Have a great one and please be safe..

Thanks! great info, i definitely want to get into reloading.
    Love this site!!

Thanks Sir.. this is a GREAT SITE... :ingo:

I have my first 20 reloaded all went well, except (famous last last words) I have one that is shorter than the rest. I question the safety of firing this round being new to all the reloaded and ar info. I have recently purchased a .458 socom hence the reloading. Not knowing any information will be appreciated thanks

PULL IT!!! Please don’t shot it!!! Short rounds = HIGH pressures..

Thanks for asking.. and great job on the other loads thou... just please remember when in doubt start over.. It's just takes one wrong round to ruin your whole day..

Read through the ABC's of Reloading and also picked up Lyman's 49th.
    Got the Square Deal B all dialed in and ready to crank some rounds out this weekend.

Right on.. Best of luck sir.. Please feel free to PM me if you have any issues..

Link.

Great write up. I was wondering how to get started reloading my own ammo. This should get me started in the right direction.

Excellent.. Thanks GC.. that's what it was meant for.. I'm glad I could help..

Have fun and watch out it is kind of addicting.. hahahaa..

made first step to reload have been thinking about it for a while now got modern reloading second edition richard lee at 1500 saturday i have a single stage rc press and a couple setes of dies i have beam scale most of it was free but i have a lot of home work before i start thanhs for all your help

Your welcome SIR.. I wish you the best of luck in your reloading adventure.. Just go slow, triple check everything and you'll do GREAT!..

Link..

jhart

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    greenwood
    Great good job need a little more

I would like to start but still unsure which press to by I know that I want a press that will mount to a table and single stage would be fine. I am looing to reload 7.62 and in the feature probably .308 Both for accuracy reasons. And places to buy 7.62 brass would be help ful to. Thanks for all the great info.

linkpimp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I would like to start but still unsure which press to by I know that I want a press that will mount to a table and single stage would be fine. I am looing to reload 7.62 and in the feature probably .308 Both for accuracy reasons. And places to buy 7.62 brass would be help ful to. Thanks for all the great info.

Hahahahaaa.. Hey big guy... I can only lead a horse to water the rest is up to you.. :D

I cant find any 7.62x39 brass either.. Well I can and sure I know where it is but it's $210.00 for a 1000 pieces... so no.. I just buy this stuff. any ak will eat any 7.62 ammo and it's butt cheep.. 1200 rounds for under $400.00.. I picked up a few thousand rounds and moved on with life.. Strongly suggest you do the same.. IMO..

Sorry..

Link..

Your welcome, but your really need to thank this site!..:ingo: The fact that they / you / the team allows an outsider like me :evilangel:into your mix is really something special..

Thank you INGO.. :patriot:

acyork50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Suggestion go to ebay and look up RCBS presses and buy two single stage presses, mount them side by side(enough room between the presses to get your hands down in between them) to get started - start slow. The idea of two singles over progressive is so you can start slow and work up to progressive.

acyork50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Buy only carbide die sets for pistol, most rifle dies sets are steel except for .30 carbine(carbide dies) what luck. You can use the dies from one company on a another companys press. I like RCBS, lifetime warranty that I have needed to use, if you need something replaced call their 800 number and you have the item within 10 days. Dillon is probably ok to use if you can afford to go that route, no cheap. I use the Speer manual and I cross reference the data with other brands to see the different loads.

Top Bottom