• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Sobriety Checkpoints be commonplace?

• Total voters

HistoryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Churubusco
    ....and guns!

1)Man takes a gun(s) into a school and kills a bunch of kids and teachers--The people scream, "If they didn't have easy access to guns, these kids would be alive today!" 2)Federal and state legislators pass laws limiting magazine size and banning certain scary weapons to keep kids alive. The people scream, "You can violate our rights!"

So in the end......

Then how do you propose to solve the drunk driving problem? I think the answer to the "gun control" issue is to be less restrictive. You can't just whine about a problem. At some point you have to find a solution or else you're just a cry-baby.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Then how do you propose to solve the drunk driving problem? I think the answer to the "gun control" issue is to be less restrictive.

Even the LEO's that frequent this site admit that checkpoints are nothing but feckless window dressing. They catch more drunk drivers simply by patrolling and doing everyday police work. However, to the public, that work doesn't look like they're getting their money's worth...they like the illusion of security and are willing to forfeit their freedom to get it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know about that. But, I think you might be the first person besides Kirk ever to use the word "feckless" on INGO. :alright:

Heck, I even used the word/phrase "inter alia" in an email at work the other day -- mostly just to see if anybody would comment -- and I think I even used it in the right context. :laugh:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Then how do you propose to solve the drunk driving problem? I think the answer to the "gun control" issue is to be less restrictive. You can't just whine about a problem. At some point you have to find a solution or else you're just a cry-baby.

You make alcohol illegal like marijuana of course.

Roadblocks get very few drunk drivers caught in them. If you look at the number of bars around town and the number of drunk drivers caught they are probably getting less than 1% each night as it is. Most drunk drivers do not cause the mayhem we are led to believe.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed

What do you think needs solving?
    Sky diving is risky as well, do we need to solve something there too?

The cry to "solve" everything is a cry to give more of your liberty and power to the state. Its like begging to be tyrannized.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Im not much of a drinker...let alone while driving....but I dont believe in giving up ANY rights. I have the right to flash my Drivers License AND not answer ANY questions. Not trying to make an officers' job harder and Im not trying to make my life (Freedoms) potentially harder/lesser in the future by giving up every right I have either.

Top Bottom