• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I went to Menard's to get some essential potting soil, a hose sprayer and some glasses.

When I got in line I turned to survey my surroundings. In the next lane there was a young man that gave me a startled look and then changed to my lane. My SA was on condition red he was too close. I bladed and moved to the side of my cart and then to the front. After I checked out the checker told him she was closed and I left.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Idk if there is more backstory, but in my opiniin, you were right to ask for your space. That being said, thinking of "reaching for your wallet" is ringing some bells in my head.

If im in a situation where i even think of my firearm in anger, i remove myself. Not even caring about what the law may be, just out of the exact reason i carry. As a last ditch resort for my and my familys safety. Never because i was upset.

Walk away, after having said your piece or use your fist. Just my :twocents: take it or leave it. :dunno:

I have changed up from my normal CC to a very obvious OC. I do believe that in 3 instances when these issues started and eyes focused on my hip the situation just seemed to evaporate which was really OK with me. Maybe this OC thing has its upside.

Meijer Kroger Multiple Lowes and a Home depot. Not a single word from the staff.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    People are on edge and it's gonna get worse. We that carry need to be diplomats, able to respectfully handle and turn the cheek to those that are not. Now more that ever.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Ours does, but also staffed lines.

Home Depot usually just has self checkout, with a person ready if you need them.

I haven't been to Menards, but anyone know if anything's changed? I mean, you and the cashier are usually right next to each other.

Still that way in Menards as of week ago.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom