• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I got out of console games with the PS2. I loved SOCOM and SOCOM2. thinking about getting a 360. Any thoughts on SOCOM these days?

:ingo:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    SOCOM is PS exclusive, so if that's the game you really want, don't get a 360.

That being said, 360 is the system to have because XBL kicks the crap out of PSN. (I have both and I rarely play the PS3 because PSN is such a hassle)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    SOCOM fanatic since the very first one, slant six ruined socom confrontation but I got socom 4 on tuesday and although I am stuck playing the single player because the PSN is down right now I feel that zipper has brought back socom to it's glory. great to know you like socom man, it makes you that much cooler.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    PSN is better than XBL just for the fact I don't have to pay for it. plus xbox don't have no blu ray mang.

I won't deny that PS3 is a great system. I love mine. PSN is clunky and harder to use and lacks features. Like anything you get what you pay for. This topic is for another thread though, not trying to hijack.

Just don't want anyone buying a 360 thinking that SOCOM4 will be available on it though.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Call of Duty and Battlefield are the games for 360. Battlefield 3 is supposed to be amazing... not out until late fall.

SOCOM 1 was good, never played 2 or 3 because at that point I was on XBL constantly. Actually I think I was playing racing games more than anything during that time period.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    SOCOM is PS exclusive, so if that's the game you really want, don't get a 360.

That being said, 360 is the system to have because XBL kicks the crap out of PSN. (I have both and I rarely play the PS3 because PSN is such a hassle)

Ha, I didn't know that...I've never bought any of the Socom games because my buddies always have them and now that you mention it, I'm always playing on PS3.:):

I still like 360 a lot more...Anyone I know that has both PS3 and 360 rarely ever play their PS3.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I love SOCOM, the first will always be the best. I actually had fun with Confrontation even.

As far as PS3 vs Xbox, I have both but I prefer the PS3, it's nice not being called a fa**ot or ni**er, and even if they did, at least you're not paying for people to call you those things.

Also, 360 doesn't have Metal Gear Solid 4.

XBL: Remington1187
    PSN: LiquidusSnakus

if anybody cares.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    One thing I've noticed over the years ps3 online names are mostly weed related while xbox users tend to go with more fantasy sci fi-ish tags. I always thought it was funny.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I have a PS3. It's an awesome system. I've never really played online with it, so I can't really comment on that. As far as military shooting games go, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was AWESOME. I remember getting chills in the opening cut scene for the campaign. I've found that I like the "sand box" style games the best. I like the ability to roam and have objectives, instead of a "scripted level" for example.

I do have interest in SOCOM 4, but I was wondering if anyone has used it with the Move Sharpshooter attachment? It looks sweet, but my main curiosity, was if it worked at point of aim? I want to be able to look down a set of "sights" on top of the weapon and have it lined up with where it impacts on the screen.

5246910231_461b2bf347_o.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I payed about 10 bucks for Flashpoint and I still think I payed too much.

Confrontation gets more crap than it deserves, IMO

weed related.. lol examples?

Lotta stuff like WakeNbake666 or JointStrikeFighter420

It's funny he brought that up, a lot of those people actually come from the original SOCOM player community.

Last edited:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ive been on the socom since the first one on PS2 with the old school usb mic, my favorite was socom 2 for sure. I only play online. Tyler is right once zipper allowed slant six to make confrontation it went down hill. I picked up the deployment pack on tuesday with socom 4 and the sharpshooter is alright but not my cup of tea. The online co-op is bada** though IMO. That being said since I always refer to socom as my SOcrack I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys 3rd person shooters. It will keep me busy till the new battlefield 3 comes out hopefully in Nov. If you all haven't seen the videos check it out.

PSN id=dubsac add me

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I enjoyed the Socom games back on the PS2 as well, but I have had my 360 since they came out and I love it! My friends and I are still playing Battlefield bad company 2 and we got it a year ago when it came out! Battlefield 3 looks awesome and I can't wait, Call of Duty is fun also but hasn't had the staying power that Battlefield online has. Funtastic. :D

Edit: My gamertag is fordtough25. Big surprise ha

Last edited:
    Top Bottom