• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Received an e-mail today with a sale on a few SOG knives.

Now usually my policy is that "the best is just good enough for me". However I am starting a very ambitious renovation on my home that I just bought so I am being really tight with my money.

Is it worth the prices to pick one up or should I wait until I am in a different position before I purchase a knife? I won't spend $100's for a knife even when I don't have other items draining my finances since they don't mean all that much to me, but I still want something with decent quality and not made in China.

P.S. Tried to do a search but didn't find anything that wasn't over a year old.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    While entry level, they certainly do make a good product. It's one of those buy a Prius or aCorvette. They are both fine cars that do the job well. Plus, if you are going to buy something nice later, ask yourself if you'd be willing to rent a knife to use in the interim for $40. If so, don't hesitate to buy!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Received an e-mail today with a sale on a few SOG knives.

I won't spend $100's for a knife even when I don't have other items draining my finances since they don't mean all that much to me, but I still want something with decent quality and not made in China.

I'm not much of a SOG guy myself. But if I recall, most of their stuff is made in Taiwan or China now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm not much of a SOG guy myself. But if I recall, most of their stuff is made in Taiwan or China now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The last I checked, a lot of their stuff was made here, some of the higher end stuff in Japan, and cheap Fusion stuff in China. But I'm not all that into big production stuff anymore so that very well could have changed. I've had several over the years though, and they make a fine product. I especially like their multitools.

Top Bottom