• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm thinking about getting a couple motion lights for the chicken coop. Any INGOers use solar powered motion lights? The places I'm needing them don't have access to electricity so solar will have to work. I'm thinking something along the lines of this:

60 LED Solar Security Light

Do these lights need a battery as well as the small solar panel and light? I have no experience with these, I'm not set on this Harbor Freight light just something like it.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    They work great but they only come on 2 or 3 times before the small battery inside runs down.
    And if you have a real cloudy day they won't come on that night.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    That's what I am trying to learn about these things. I'm not necessarily getting the Harbor Freight light, just something like it. I didn't know for sure if they had a battery included or if you supplied your own.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Most will come with batteries. I don't use motion lights, but I do have 6 nice ($40 each) lights that I got from Lowe's. They have a low/high switch and will burn till 4-5 am on most days.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I have a smilar setup (link posted above) and they came with batteries. It is used as my driveway door access to my house. Its been installed since spring 2011. Solar panel faces directly south and Ive never had it go dead on me. Once in awhile I have to clean the solar panel of its dust and pollen. I have noticed that the LED's do not seem to be as bright when the batteries were new. Probably will replace batteries before winter. Easy and Cheap setup to avoid having to run electrical. Worth it! Grab 2 or 3!

Top Bottom