• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I found Call of Duty, Black Ops too addicting so I sold my PS3 on ebay and put the $ towards an XD-9 that my friend turned me on to. It's my first pistol I've purchased and could not be happier. I am quite new to shooting, esp pistols but it's just such a fun gun to shoot. I really enjoy how light it is and fits well with my smaller hands. It's the 4" service model btw. Buying the accessory kit with it from xdpistols.com was nice because of the speed loader which lets me get 12+ rounds into the mag, I couldn't do that with how tight the spring is on the factory mag.

Now if I can only figure out why I have a perfect bullseye view before the shot and some of my rounds seem to vanish before striking the target I'll be really loving life!

Hornaday Critical Defense rounds are on backorder from Midway and everywhere else it seems so for now my family will have to rely on 16 rounds of standard HP and my really frightening appearance.

If you see me at Atterbury come say hi. I'll be the one with clean targets.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Welcome to INGO!

Congrats on your XD. I have quite a few round out of mine and it's still running. I've found that they get better with time.

I would suggest getting a cheap laser and practice your trigger control. By dry firing with a laser you'll know exactly where the round would have gone.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    :eek:You sold black ops? What are you going to do when you're not at the range? lol Enjoy the XD As for me I'll keep with my black ops addiction.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think the sights are ok, just being humble on my first post. I hit the paper with the majority of shots at 15 yards but there are those that feel great and look awful. Like a golf swing I guess, practice, practice.

Black ops is truly phenomenal. I have two young kids and a wife though. Since I ditched the PS3 I've had no extra spare time but more things are getting done around the house and I was training for the mini until a recent injury.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to INGO, congratulations on the gun buy. I am sticking with my Black Ops addiction. Hope you were not one of the people that had their information stolen on the PSN network. Keep an eye out.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Just a suggestion.....move the target closer to you ( if you can). That way you are more likely to have better hits on the paper. After you get better than back the target up if you want. I like shooting at 7-10 yards with my pistols.:twocents:

thescrambler

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I found Call of Duty, Black Ops too addicting so I sold my PS3 on ebay and put the $ towards an XD-9 that my friend turned me on to. It's my first pistol I've purchased and could not be happier. I am quite new to shooting, esp pistols but it's just such a fun gun to shoot. I really enjoy how light it is and fits well with my smaller hands. It's the 4" service model btw. Buying the accessory kit with it from xdpistols.com was nice because of the speed loader which lets me get 12+ rounds into the mag, I couldn't do that with how tight the spring is on the factory mag.

Now if I can only figure out why I have a perfect bullseye view before the shot and some of my rounds seem to vanish before striking the target I'll be really loving life!

Hornaday Critical Defense rounds are on backorder from Midway and everywhere else it seems so for now my family will have to rely on 16 rounds of standard HP and my really frightening appearance.

If you see me at Atterbury come say hi. I'll be the one with clean targets.

Congrats, and welcome to the XD and Xdm club. Its always good to have another member

Scrambler

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    I've been struggling with the idea of selling non gun related items to buy more guns. I just know I'd be happier with another gun instead of this fender jaguar I've havent played in months, but I always told myself I wouldnt resort to doing that. Your testimony of selling your ps3 isnt helping! ha. let us know if the trade was worth it in the end. Josh

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Nice trade! Be honest, we know you sold that PS3 because the playstation network is down and you're impatient! That advice about dry firing with a laser is solid. I would also recommend shelling out the money to take a good class on basic pistol shooting. Having a knowledgeable instructor with you is a great way to see what you're doing wrong and learn how to correct it.

Top Bottom