• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    delta apologized and changed their policy to allow 4 bags, Im positive these guys will be getting their money back. Delta fixed this problem immediately and i would have no problem using them to fly as i have in the past

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    delta apologized and changed their policy to allow 4 bags, Im positive these guys will be getting their money back. Delta fixed this problem immediately and i would have no problem using them to fly as i have in the past
    Only after their Youtube video went viral. Still, pretty * way to treat these guys fresh from the sandbox.

Last edited by a moderator:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Only after their Youtube video went viral. Still, pretty * way to treat these guys fresh from the sandbox.
    as a whole picture it looks extremely bad, however im willing to bet it was someone low down on the totem pole that was just following protocol and didnt want to lose their job. As long as they made up for the mistake i dont see any point on bashing them for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    as a whole picture it looks extremely bad, however im willing to bet it was someone low down on the totem pole that was just following protocol and didnt want to lose their job. As long as they made up for the mistake i dont see any point on bashing them for it.
    That was my thought as well. Somebody way down the chain just didn't have a clue that soldiers were allowed a 4th bag. So they charged them. Once it went viral it caught the attention of upper management and the issue was corrected.

Unfortunately, it often takes something like this to get the attention of upper management. Sometimes the small things just don't make it up the chain to them unless they turn into big things like this has.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It is idiotic that soldiers have to fly commercial in the first place.

I heard that their CO covered it and that the airline will possibly be re-imbursing him/her later.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    None of the soldiers had a way to pay the baggage fee. So, the CO covered it, just to get them on the plane.

Delta was probably dragging their feet in refunding him the fees, so he applied a little pressure. Sometimes you need to raise a little hell to get people to take you seriously.

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    None of the soldiers had a way to pay the baggage fee. So, the CO covered it, probably to the tune of $50k plus, just to get them on the plane.

Delta was probably dragging their feet in refunding him the fees, so he applied a little pressure. Sometimes you need to raise a little hell to get people to take you seriously.
    the title says 2800

Top Bottom