• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Its a need to be relevant. If they didnt go around flexing their muscles, the sheeple would start to think they were not needed anymore.

Right. That's what I'm getting at. No harm was committed by anyone but the ATF. But just like the Ricker's drama here in Indiana, this is a result of a perceived loss of power.

"We know we said you could do that, but now it looks like you're getting one over on us, and we can't have that." You could use that phrase to describe both situations.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Right. That's what I'm getting at. No harm was committed by anyone but the ATF. But just like the Ricker's drama here in Indiana, this is a result of a perceived loss of power.

"We know we said you could do that, but now it looks like you're getting one over on us, and we can't have that." You could use that phrase to describe both situations.

That is all .gov agencies...

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I thought this happened few months ago. Also SDTA was shut down, at least the solvent trap part of their business.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't know how to feel about this. No real sympathy for the manufacturer. Calling it a "solvent trap" to skirt what the real intent is, is BS. It's the equivalent of one child saying "don't touch me" and then the other putting their fingers right in their face saying "I'm not touching you". I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner and that ATF agents aren't walking gun shows for these "oil filter solvent trap" adapters.....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The maker had letters from the atf saying this product was ok to sell. Now they have changed their minds.

You have a drivers license from the state saying its ok for you to drive. But tomorrow the dmw is going to say not anything and take away your car just because the dmw can.

See the logic

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It's funny that Amazon is so restrictive on gun stuff, but their software tries to bundle supressor parts.

Look at the suggestions from trying to buy an oil filter.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The maker had letters from the atf saying this product was ok to sell. Now they have changed their minds.

You have a drivers license from the state saying its ok for you to drive. But tomorrow the dmw is going to say not anything and take away your car just because the dmw can.

See the logic

19789999.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't know how to feel about this. No real sympathy for the manufacturer. Calling it a "solvent trap" to skirt what the real intent is, is BS. It's the equivalent of one child saying "don't touch me" and then the other putting their fingers right in their face saying "I'm not touching you". I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner and that ATF agents aren't walking gun shows for these "oil filter solvent trap" adapters.....

There was a table full of really nice ones at the 1500...

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I agree. I see them at the 1500 all the time and keep wondering how they can possibly be legal to sell.

i would be willing to bet he is using his or your money indirectly to fund his defense. You better do a charge back if Possible ASAP if you want any hope of seeing you money because you won't be getting any product.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Interestingly enough, I spoke to another Solvent Trap vendor at Knob Creek. I asked him if he was worried about the raids of SolventTrap.net and the troubles SD Tactical was facing.

He claimed he wasn't worried and that the reason those two got into trouble with the ATF was because "they couldn't resist drilling out one of their tubes and making it into a suppressor". He said that the reason the ATF got pissy with SD Tactical was that they started making suppressors on their 07/02 and all the solvent trap components were interchangeable with their actual suppressor (since really, they were just drilling out their stuff and registering it on a Form 2). That allowed the ATF to make the claim that by selling compatible solvent trap parts that fit on their suppressors, that they were indeed selling suppressor parts (not that the vendor agreed with this logic, just saying that it was the ATF's reasoning).

This vendor felt he was protected because he never had and never will make a suppressor out of one of his own tubes (he did own suppressors, but they were manufactured by other companies and he bought them on a Form 4 like everyone else and had no parts compatibility with his stuff). Basically, his theory was that he wasn't giving the ATF any threads they could pull to drum up some charges.

Now, take all of this as you will, since this is just what this one guy was saying. I will say, his solvent trap tubes looked pretty nice and I was tempted to pick one up for a Form 1 .25 ACP can project, but I held off for now until I see how all this settles for a bit.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    ^ I figured that may have been the case. He should never have gone into the SOT business.

The preppersdiscount.com site is still up and selling solvent trap parts. SDTactical had higher quality items IMO.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    ^ I figured that may have been the case. He should never have gone into the SOT business.

The preppersdiscount.com site is still up and selling solvent trap parts. SDTactical had higher quality items IMO.

Well, they are up, but they have a 45 day hold on selling solvent traps.

From their site:

ALL SOLVENT TRAP AND RELATED PRODUCTS ORDERS WILL BE DELAYED SHIPPING FOR 45+ DAYS

KNOW THAT WE AT PREPPER'S DISCOUNT ARE COMMITTED TO ENSURING AND DOING OUR VERY BEST AT PRESERVING YOUR RIGHTS AND THAT THEY ARE NOT INFRINGED. THAT GOVERNMENT ENTITIES ARE HELD TO THE VERY RULES THEY OFFER EVERY AMERICAN.

STAY STRONG AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS!
    [FONT=&amp]
    WE ARE YOUR ULTIMATE SOURCE FOR EVERYTHING PREPPER!
    [/FONT]​

GlockLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Pittsboro
    Preppers has had that there since they came back online after supposedly being raided last year. I was going to build one of their cans but didn't like the weight and dynamics of it.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've reached out to Chris to no avail. The emails aren't bouncing but no replies. I've also called his cell and it rings through to voice mail.

Top Bottom