• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    thats what i thought by the way it looks, just wanted to be sure... thats a pretty neat color combo

It's one of those pistols you later regret selling, did a trigger job on it, all dehorned, nightsights. You can't beat those 225's. With all the surplus P6's that were coming in you couldn't find magazines for it, they used to be a dime a dozen because it was never that popular of a model here.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    +1 repped
    I love that K9 I can't wait till I can afford one. Do you still have it?

I sold that one a while ago. I am also a big fan of the k9's I hope you can get one soon. This particular one I picked up at the 1500 and was pretty finish worn but was fine otherwise, I got it for like 350.00 so it was a good deal. One day I just grabbed it threw a plate up next to it and put it in the vise and started checkering it, it was the first non-1911 pistol I checkered but was actually easier because it is shorter and has less of a frontstrap radius to deal with. After that I dehorned all the edges to include the notoriously sharp slide stop,the ejection port, front of the frame/slide and elsewhere. I also hand beveled the mag well and got it refinished in black duracoat and put on some nightsights. Also polished the feedramp but I never have feeding problems with my K9's anyway. Doing the labor myself I only had around 550.00 in it with the finish and nightsights.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've never had a problem with it, a lot of the success is in the prep. I had my P7M8 refinished recently while I was down in GA and it's already wearing a little at the front of the slide. All the rest I have had done have held up very well.

jackoctober

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've never had a problem with it, a lot of the success is in the prep. I had my P7M8 refinished recently while I was down in GA and it's already wearing a little at the front of the slide. All the rest I have had done have held up very well.

Blasted before coating? I've always heard that works best although I haven't done it.
    I just roughed/lightly primed/sprayed, but the gun I finished hasn't had time to cure completely yet so I guess I'll just find out how it'll look.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Blasted before coating? I've always heard that works best although I haven't done it.
    I just roughed/lightly primed/sprayed, but the gun I finished hasn't had time to cure completely yet so I guess I'll just find out how it'll look.

I'm not sure what he did, theoretically he parkerizes first and then coats but doubt it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    w/ any of the aftermarket finishes media blasting is required.... parkerizing will leave a longer lasting finish but is more expensive... if you want to see some examples check out my advertising thread as duracoat, cerekote, norrels moly resin, hot bluing, rust bluing, and parkerizing is what i do.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've owned a number of P225's over the years and keep going back to them. They are only 8+1 but the grip is very comfortable and I don't feel undergunned with 9 rds of 9mm, but mags just got so hard to find.

Top Bottom