• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did build a AR10 308 this year but had a really good deal on parts. Now I'm concentrating on upgrading. I just put a new recoil spring, and titanium extractor and spring on my 10/22 it was 27 years old to many rounds to count on it. I figured it was time lol.

I did all the upgrades last summer to make all my AR's operate close to the same. Triggers/optics/etc and so on. Damned spendy endeavor but well wort the effort/money. Pick up any one of them and it is just like the last one. No thought involved just pic and go.

The rifles I built up this year follow that same premise. The colors are different as are the basic lengths and appearance but they are geared the same.

The last 2 have been a crap shoot on parts. My go to BCG's and such are out of stock so the higher end pieces have been used and that up's the initial cost of building the rifle. I have to really search for what I want now because there are either limits or no stock.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I did all the upgrades last summer to make all my AR's operate close to the same. Triggers/optics/etc and so on. Damned spendy endeavor but well wort the effort/money. Pick up any one of them and it is just like the last one. No thought involved just pic and go.

The rifles I built up this year follow that same premise. The colors are different as are the basic lengths and appearance but they are geared the same.

The last 2 have been a crap shoot on parts. My go to BCG's and such are out of stock so the higher end pieces have been used and that up's the initial cost of building the rifle. I have to really search for what I want now because there are either limits or no stock.

What brand BCG's do you use? I bought a Fail Zero for my AR10 308 build. I haven't got enough rds through it yet to determine its reliability yet. It's very smooth and seems to cycle well thus far.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Over the past couple of months I've placed a few parts orders, all from Midwest Gun Works with great prices and super fast shipping.
    2 current discount codes in case anyone is interested:
    BOMBSHELL
    SPRING20

At times like these, availablity can change quickly. Out of stock today, but back in stock in a few days.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm swapping out a stock and I found two vendors that say they had them in stock only to have them cancel my order a week later. I'm now on my third. Let's see if this one shows up.

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    I've order parts from MidwayUSA recently and everything that shows in stock has shipped quickly.

edit*

There estimated delivery time for the stock and buffer parts I ordered was 8/10 and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Placed it towards the end of last week.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Over the past couple of months I've placed a few parts orders, all from Midwest Gun Works with great prices and super fast shipping.
    2 current discount codes in case anyone is interested:
    BOMBSHELL
    SPRING20

What are these specifically for? Couldn't find anything on midwestgunworks on gun.deals to check.

Thank you.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    What are these specifically for? Couldn't find anything on midwestgunworks on gun.deals to check.

Thank you.

I used SPRING20 a month ago and got free shipping.
    I used BOMBSHELL last week for free shipping.
    I know back in May I used FATHER19 for 10% off entire order and if you buy any Timney triggers then use TIMNEY1.
    If you have any ammo in your cart at checkout then none of these will work.

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    What brand BCG's do you use? I bought a Fail Zero for my AR10 308 build. I haven't got enough rds through it yet to determine its reliability yet. It's very smooth and seems to cycle well thus far.

I have a couple nickel boron AR-15 BCG’s from Palmetto St, which have worked well so far. Good price and very easy to clean, once they finally showed up. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about if you’ve ever bought from Palmetto St.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I used SPRING20 a month ago and got free shipping.
    I used BOMBSHELL last week for free shipping.
    I know back in May I used FATHER19 for 10% off entire order and if you buy any Timney triggers then use TIMNEY1.
    If you have any ammo in your cart at checkout then none of these will work.

Ok, was trying them with some Sig parts, but a no go it appeared. I didn't know how much of a minimum purchase there may be, but I had about $100 or so in the cart. I'll give them another try today.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom