• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Some things the guys at work and I have been playing with....

https://pi-hole.net/
    (psssst... it's a ad blocking/metrics blocking/whatever you want to filter out of your ENTIRE NETWORK all by installing and setting your primary DNS to it.. works for smartphones as well provided you modify their DNS too)

You can even configure it with your router to filter all network traffic period... Just have to update it here and there but a well placed CRON job will take care of that...

The command to install this beauty is right on the main page.

Had it installed on a netbook that was connected wirelessly on my network. There was some speed issues but it worked. It now runs on a little VM I set up on my home server and it's rocking...

The other little fun thing is called Pianobar.

"sudo-apt-get install pianobar" for you Debian users... Works on rpm/dnf/yum distros as well, but it takes a few more steps...

Command line interface... controllable with alsamixer...

Links to your Pandora account and will play music without ads AND none of those pesky "Are you still listening" annoyances...

With proper configuration you can drop this in its own screen and disconnect and it will run constantly until you tell it to stop...

Full controls and you can still create new stations and up/down vote songs...

Top Bottom