Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Blame the victim?
    I expect nothing less than to defend road raging from some people on this forum...

So someone does something stupid, the rager is 10x worse because they INTENTIONALLY endanger everyone around them.

And my grand niece did NOTHING wrong, simply the wrong place, close to the person the rager was going off on and got rammed waiting for a light to change.

At 17 she has to deal with the damage inflicted on her for the rest of her life.
    I'm old enough, and beat up enough through life I know for a fact that broken bones & head injuries are never 'Good To Go',
    At the very least arthritis, cold sensitivity, with all the pain that brings, are a given...

Now her insurance has more than doubled, we don't know about long term issues with the head injury (CTE?) Or how her broken bones are going to heal, effect her throughout her life.

CHECK YOUR MORAL COMPASS!
    I see no blaming the victim, just stating a fact. There are a looootttt of stupid drivers out there. Just get on I 65 and only drive 10 over the speed limit and see the looks you get.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've seen road rage one time in my life. Headed home up 37 after a trip down south I saw a car and a pickup banging onto one another in my rear view mirror. Slowing and moving onto the shoulder between Martinsville and Bloomington these guys passed me beating on each other like a demolition derby. Lots of birds flipped and fists shaken, pieces flying from the vehicles, they went by so fast I didn't get license numbers as I slowed onto the shoulder. Never saw the cars again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you borrow his gun and then commit a crime with it, he will likely lose his gun for a long time , maybe even permanently. No less fair is it? Always a problem when the property is owned by someone else.
    Context is everything.
    Losing a $500 tool to forfeiture is far different than a $50,000 vehicle. That you may or may still be paying on.

Kinda like the difference between locked up for many years and the death penalty. Nowhere near the same scale of punishment.

(why do people here have such trouble with nuance?)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Chronic drug user revocation of licence, even if they aren't involved in traffic accidents.
    The addicted, chronic drug user shouldn't have a driver's licence of any kind since law enforcement knows for a fact they are addicts.
    Where are the "Red Flag" laws here?

Hit & Run forefiture of licence & vehicle used in the hit & run.
    If you are stupid enough to run after an accident, then you have no idea how society works and don't deserve driving privileges or a vehicle to hit someone else with.

First of all, sorry to hear about your family. Hopefully she gets better with as little after effects as possible.

But lets think about these two suggestions without the emotional attachment you have. First off, the whole, "let's make a law" after some tragedy has rarely worked. Isn't there a law against murder already? Are there still murders?

Second, if the so called chronic drug user is that bad, will an order from the authorities really keep them from driving?

The facts of life. Life isn't fair. Sometimes you get crapped on. Seriously crapped on. You'll never be able to stop evil.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have been in 7 wrecks in 20 years of driving. 6 were not my fault, 4 of those were rear-ends, 1 was a possible OWI that could have crippled me, 2 of them totalled my vehicle... I now have dash cams in all 3 vehicles... It's VERY aggravating to capture clear evidence of dangerous or reckless driving on camera, and the police just don't care.
    Video is NOT a legal replacement for the officer witness requirement of the misdemeanor requirement. It has to be in-person witness.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I drive 465 on the NE side 2x every work day... There is effectively no speed limit anymore as there has been almost no speed enforcement for most of Covid, the one Trooper just sits under the Shadeland bridge once a week. In the morning, from I-69 to I-70, traffic flows at 75-80 in the left lane, and the same from 56th to past Keystone in the evening... yet some A-hole is ALWAYS tailgating somebody because they feel it's ok for them to do 85-90 in a 55.

If I and the guy in front of me are doing well over 55 and moving faster than the guys to our right... they are waiting. I am not wedging myself into slower traffic to please them. Left lane laws be damned.
    There is so much traffic on I465 now that pulling a car over effectively shuts traffic flow down to a crawl for miles and miles.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'd support a law that all pictures posted on INGO and not inserted as a full size image should be an instant 24 hour ban.
    Fi9a9Xv.gif

Greatest small gif of all time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is so much traffic on I465 now that pulling a car over effectively shuts traffic flow down to a crawl for miles and miles.
    That makes sense.
    And the asshats and butt heads that are so much more important than everyone else would still drive like the asshats and butt heads they truly are.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...If I and the guy in front of me are doing well over 55 and moving faster than the guys to our right... they are waiting. I am not wedging myself into slower traffic to please them. Left lane laws be damned.

Ah, so you're that left lane lurker holding up traffic. The reason they had to make it against the law. :nono:

A lot of the reason for the "road rage" we have these days is the whole mentality of drivers that believe the world revolves around them and anyone else on the road be damned.

"Road rage" was practically non-existent years back, when we were brought up to respect other drivers. When we were taught that someone behind you, when not in bumper to bumper traffic, means that you are probably in their way and should find a way out of it. It might be you that needs the respect next time.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    "Road rage" was practically non-existent years back, when we were brought up to respect other drivers. When we were taught that someone behind you, when not in bumper to bumper traffic, means that you are probably in their way and should find a way out of it. It might be you that needs the respect next time.
    Oh yeah? Here is 1955 with my father driving:

HONNNNNNNNK!!!!!

"Damn Farmer! Get out of the way!"

HONNNNNNNNK!!!!!

"Blow it out your a**!!!!"

HONNNNNNNNK!!!!

Road rage is not a new thing.

But, riding with my dad gave me a lifelong objective of being as courteous as possible on the road....except in "special" circumstances. (CM and I both know why ball bearings were invented. ;) )

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I meant the one about 3 or more cars behind someone in the left lane when they aren’t passing or turning. I really don’t know the ins and outs because it doesn’t come into play where I’m at. I heard from ISP that few tickets have been written on it. I do see semis in the left lane of 465 occasionally, signs be damned I guess.
    Most states, if not all, have some variation of 'slower traffic keep right'. It is a declarative statement that does not take into account 'unless you are doing the speed limit' as a valid excuse

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    (why do people here have such trouble with nuance?)
    Because it sucks, and is too often just retconning when it is claimed after the discussion doesn't proceed in the manner the poster wishes

Clearly say what you you mean, mean what you say

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom