• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    My guess is that this country will devolve into a two tier system. Private insurance and top grade care for leadership and anybody who can afford it. Something like the UK for everybody else. Not sure how that will be handled, but if you put enough bureaucracy and security between the best care and masses, people will adjust because they will perceive the alternative as free. Back in the USSR they used to say "floors parquet, docs OK".

Actually, what you have described here is exactly how the UK and Canadian socialized insurance works. You either wait for the socialized care, or pay out of pocket for private insurance or the procedure itself. It amazes me the number of people who still believe either of these systems are truly single payer.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Had a conversation over the weekend about laser eye surgery and those $250 an eye advertisements are for a very specific (and stable) prescription. If you aren't that exact number, the price varies greatly.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Had a conversation over the weekend about laser eye surgery and those $250 an eye advertisements are for a very specific (and stable) prescription. If you aren't that exact number, the price varies greatly.

A few years ago, I had some friends who were paying in excess of $5,000 for a simple procedure. Even if prices vary, they are all generally lower than they used to be.

Top Bottom