• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    Keep an eye out for a 2010 green yamaha grizzly 450. Hole in rear of the seat with white around the hole and a bent front rack where the winch hooks to it.

parked my atv last night around 430 and went to ride it today to go shoot about noon and it was gone. they tried to get the other one but the starter relay is bad so they only got the one, i still owe 2500 on it. i live just outside kendallville in. 30 mins north of fort wayne.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Keep an eye out for a 2010 green yamaha grizzly 450. Hole in rear of the seat with white around the hole and a bent front rack where the winch hooks to it.

parked my atv last night around 430 and went to ride it today to go shoot about noon and it was gone. they tried to get the other one but the starter relay is bad so they only got the one, i still owe 2500 on it. i live just outside kendallville in. 30 mins north of fort wayne.
    I hate to hear that. Did you have some kind of a lock on it? Log chain through something?

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    no it was in the garage. they tried to get the other one but it was having problems and on the charger so i know they tried to take it. its a grizzly 660 real heavy pig. had 3 low tires so it hard to push.

i hope karma gets them in jail or the hospital [not dead]

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Awesome! Ignitions are cheap. Much cheaper than a new ATV. I'd say you also need a big azz chain, padlock, along with some security cameras in case the douchebags come back. Did they find the theif also?

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    im thinking of taking it back over there tonight and pulling a fuse and wait in the woods for them to come and get it, it was in 4x4 with the lights on, never leave either on unless i need them. there was a few tracks, i think its a kid close to where it was found, the guys house where it was found was gone for the past week and someone knows it.

at least i got no damage no key [have spare] 3/4 tank of gas, did not ride it much i just filled it the day it came up missing. $8 for ign on ebay $73 from yamaha. ebay here i come

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    ill be waiting with some bird shot. the guys house has several cameras so hes going to review, i told him i want to get a call from the sheriff because they found the pos.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    ill be waiting with some bird shot. the guys house has several cameras so hes going to review, i told him i want to get a call from the sheriff because they found the pos.

I would recommend against that. You have your ATV back, start unloading a shotgun on the thief, especially if he's a kid and you're going to be out a whole lot more than an ATV.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    We had a rash of ATV thieves several years ago……get on ebay and find door stop alarm….you can turn it on and place under a rear wheel, when pressure is takin off, like rolling it away alarm goes off…..or place in front and when it hit it it goes off also, they are black and hard to see. Also get a baby monitor, its amazing how much sound they pick up, put one out in garage and the other by your bed with volume low……if they go in and move anything you will here them!!!! I had mine set up out in the shed, and in with the volume up just a little I could hear jets going over that I couldn't hear from inside the house!!! Also I wried up a bungee cord to the door and a radio….I could open the door just enough to unhook it….thief doesn't know it, opens door and power switches on to a radio on full blast.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We had a rash of ATV thieves several years ago……get on ebay and find door stop alarm….you can turn it on and place under a rear wheel, when pressure is takin off, like rolling it away alarm goes off…..or place in front and when it hit it it goes off also, they are black and hard to see. Also get a baby monitor, its amazing how much sound they pick up, put one out in garage and the other by your bed with volume low……if they go in and move anything you will here them!!!! I had mine set up out in the shed, and in with the volume up just a little I could hear jets going over that I couldn't hear from inside the house!!! Also I wried up a bungee cord to the door and a radio….I could open the door just enough to unhook it….thief doesn't know it, opens door and power switches on to a radio on full blast.

Even better, attach the noise maker to the ATV itself. We did that with a window sensor and magnet. The ones we had came with a special plastic key that you could insert to disable it to open the window. In my case I attached the noisy bit to the bottom of my outdoor spiral christmas tree and put the magnet on a stake in the ground, hidden. If they tried to take it (again) it would go off and the noise would follow the item. Not exactly useful to leave the noisemaker behind when they could just run away with the item of value and I'm left standing there trying to shut it up and they are long gone.

Good luck!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I made a cheap alarm. A outdoor motion detector with 2 sockets. One socket with a bulb the other a screw in socket adapter that you can plug a cord into it and I had a fire alarm bell I plugged it into it. Loud and light
    The motion detector had a delay on it. I had it wired to a switch that you had to turn off or if went off. I know most people don't have a bell like that but I am sure you can find something that made noise. I think I have a fire alarm buzzer left if anyone is interested. It was cheap and affective.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess I need to follow this thread. I have trail cams around the property for monitoring the wildlife and such. When I viewed the pictures from last night, there was someone in our back yard with a flashlight. Nothing appears to be missing or tampered with, but things are more secure tonight and more cameras were ordered and have already shipped so I will be placing them strategically around the outbuildings and such. I called the sheriff's department and was told there was at least one other incident in our area a few days ago. I'll be interested to see what other ideas there are for alarms and such.

Glad you got your ATV back OP.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    me too. took it out to the range behind my house and shoot the p22 and then rode around the farm and woods to make sure nothing is now, like meth stuff. was talking to a friend who delivers papers on that road, she said she sees people walking at 4am on that road and seen someone jump out of the ditch and give something to a car that stopped then got back in the ditch. i got the atv back friday morning, thursday [day before] there was meth stuff found less than a 1/2 mile from the house

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    me too. took it out to the range behind my house and shoot the p22 and then rode around the farm and woods to make sure nothing is now, like meth stuff. was talking to a friend who delivers papers on that road, she said she sees people walking at 4am on that road and seen someone jump out of the ditch and give something to a car that stopped then got back in the ditch. i got the atv back friday morning, thursday [day before] there was meth stuff found less than a 1/2 mile from the house

We've had several meth labs dumped in our woods along the road over the years. I think the first one must have been close to 15 years ago.

Top Bottom