• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    The other night a friend of mine got to her house and was putting her baby to bed when a guy came out of her bedroom and she yelled at him to get out of her house. The guy says your husband and I have some unfinished business to take care of. She says well he is almost here so go outside. He whistles and another guy comes out of their bedroom, and the 2 of them run out the back door that they had kicked in to get in the house. They never caught the 2 guys but this is only about 5 miles from my house. This is the 6th breakin in the past couple months that has happened within 10 miles of my house.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Glad she wasn't hurt, time to start checking all doors and windows before you go in

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Glad she wasn't hurt, time to start checking all doors and windows before you go in
    ^^That^^

Many years ago, a neighbor use to keep a little derringer in her apron pocket. I use to think that was strange. Anymore, I keep something with me at all times because you never know what you might encounter even coming back home from a quick errand.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    And some people wonder why I carry when I'm at home and in the house.

This is why. She's extremely lucky it worked out as it did.

I would have shot them.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The other night a friend of mine got to her house and was putting her baby to bed when a guy came out of her bedroom and she yelled at him to get out of her house. The guy says your husband and I have some unfinished business to take care of. She says well he is almost here so go outside. He whistles and another guy comes out of their bedroom, and the 2 of them run out the back door that they had kicked in to get in the house. They never caught the 2 guys but this is only about 5 miles from my house. This is the 6th breakin in the past couple months that has happened within 10 miles of my house.
    I would have been making a Phone Call to the County Coroner...
    I wanna see the first 371 reasons on that list... :D
    I'll Second that!!! :D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Last weekend, I was doing some cleaning in my garage, so I was back and forth between the house and garage most of the day, I sometimes OC around the house, and had my weapon on my belt the whole time. My wife's brother showed up around supper time (imagine that) and he noticed the gun on my belt and says "You carry your gun in the house"? My wife quickly responded "he always does, it's just usually concealed". He seemed a little perplexed. Later, me and BIL were out in the garage, and we turn to see my neighbor standing in the door, he had brought me a bag with the last of the seasons tomatos. After the neighbor left, I asked BIL if he new the neighbor was coming over, he answered no. I explained I didn't either, and the neighbor could have just as easily been a bad guy wanting to do some harm, and had pretty much walked up on us without either of us knowing he was there, and THAT is why I carry, even around the house. He seemed to get it.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I'd suggest that your friend get herself a couple of large vicious dogs, four large vicious dogs is even better.

4 would be hard even for 2 very determined intruders to handle.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I'd suggest that your friend get herself a couple of large vicious dogs, four large vicious dogs is even better.

4 would be hard even for 2 very determined intruders to handle.

Vicious? No! Then they could hurt her or the baby. You mean loyal and protective. A Rottweiler or two would probably do the trick.. I have two and never had anyone "determined" enough to break in yet. Or dumb enough for that matter.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    When I used the word "vicious" I was referring to how intruders would perceive them.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Wow. Sounds like her husband has some "good" buddies. Glad she is alright, but she needs to take some precautions like an alarm, dog, gun or something.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wow that is a scary story. I never used to carry around the house, but I am starting to reconsider this position. I find the snub in my pocket comforting while sitting on the couch.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Vicious? No! Then they could hurt her or the baby. You mean loyal and protective. A Rottweiler or two would probably do the trick.. I have two and never had anyone "determined" enough to break in yet. Or dumb enough for that matter.

funny a single english mastiff has that same effect.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom