• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    At 4am I was awoken byy my dog barking. My dinning room window was wide open and my blinds and curtains were ripped down. I and my wife were armed the whole time. I cleared the house at gun point and found my back door open. Everyone is ok vut we are shook up. I heard the person leave, so close to using it...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm glad you are alright. Make sure you file a report. I really wish I had a good dog in addition to my alarm system. Get the dog a nice treat.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    At 4am I was awoken byy my dog barking. My dinning room window was wide open and my blinds and curtains were ripped down. I and my wife were armed the whole time. I cleared the house at gun point and found my back door open. Everyone is ok vut we are shook up. I heard the person leave, so close to using it...

i feel for you! when i was a kid we got broke into a few times and i remember that feeling.
    good dog! i dont think my dog would do anything, i doubt he would even wake up. stupid st bernard!

glad everyone is safe

jake

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Dogs can be a useful deterent! We had some unknown approach our front door yesterday afternoon. Our storm door is always locked and the GF asked me to corral the two labs so she could answer the door. I told her to just open the main door and let the dogs do what dogs do when strangers knock on the door for two reasons, it'll discourage the unknown from lingering if he's legit and it'll distract him from the .45 backing up the dogs if his intentions aren't pure!

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    Crazy thing is: its a chuiuaua(spelling) lol I knew he was a great dog, but now... He even cleared the exterior of the house with me.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Aren't dogs great??? We love ours. Even though she's not a guard dog by any stretch of the imagination, she's an awesome alarm. Heck, we live in town--on a corner lot--and somehow she just knows when someone steps into the yard and does not hesitate to let us know it.

I'm glad you are all OK.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I have read somewhere that neer-do-wellers fear the presence of the little dogs more than the larger breeds due to their propensity to vocally carry on in reaction to all things real and imagined. I guess when you weigh 5 lbs, you use what you got...

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    You know it shouldnt, but sometimes it still amazes my what some jackwagons will do and risk to break into someone else house and steal their hard earned belongings instead of try to get a job or better them selves in some way.

Glad you family is ok.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Dogs are probably the best #1 defense for a home. Well #2, the #1 would be a sign at your door that says beware of dog. When a burglar see's that sign and doesnt believe it, then he /she will be met by a 100lbs male pit bull tearing their azz up and then a 60lb female pit bull licking their wounds like they are her pups. Thats pretty sad I have 1 pit that will literally tear you up and another that will baby you.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Chi-wa-was act like they are much bigger than they really are. I had one that was fearless and thought he was a Rottweiler.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009

Ur dog needs to be rewarded!! Knuckle bone!!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Hell yeah!! Glad to hear everything is ok.... I have a little terrier and he is a great little alarm dog.

If he can give me a 5 second head start, thats about all I need....

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I agree chihuahuas are fearless. I don't care much for the breed myself but I can't say anything against the resolve of the little ankle-biters! He deserves something good as reward.
    I was wondering too if anything got stolen or did the thief get frightened off before he could grab anything!
    Are your guns locked up tight? He might be back at a later time!
    Any ideas who it was? Local kids or neighbor? Or is your house removed from other houses and just looked inviting?
    Can I advise getting a sticker that says ADT or some other security system even if you don't have the system yourself? Sometimes that can be a deterrent. Also motion activated porch lights.

Top Bottom