• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Now you go and buy the biggest dog chew bone, and drink bowl, and "leave" them by the back door! A heavy chain leash wouldn't hurt either. Maybe a large felt tip pen and write "Bubba" on a sleep mat or older carpet. Instant alarm system.
    Glad you did not have to tactical engage in your home. Messy job.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    My house is one floor, so he must of heard us waking up and as I was arming me and my wife(his and her rugers were a foot away) I heard him close the back door. Following me, my wife and I headed to the kids rooms( I have a newborn and two toddlers) sidearm pointing into the darkness. It was a scary thing, then she secured the childern and watched my six. Making sure if the threat took me out, or passed by me some how, there was another gun to get thru before reaching the kids. It sure makes you think. Nothing was stolen that I know of, thank you everyone for the support.

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    My house is one floor, so he must of heard us waking up and as I was arming me and my wife(his and her rugers were a foot away) I heard him close the back door. Following me, my wife and I headed to the kids rooms( I have a newborn and two toddlers) sidearm pointing into the darkness. It was a scary thing, then she secured the childern and watched my six. Making sure if the threat took me out, or passed by me some how, there was another gun to get thru before reaching the kids. It sure makes you think. Nothing was stolen that I know of, thank you everyone for the support.

I just took the Personal Protection in the Home class so these sorts of plans are fresh in my mind. Just curious if you did this stuff according to a plan or if it was all spur of the moment? Did you go explore the house after securing the kids, or wait with them until police arrived? Is there something you would change in your plan?

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    First time someone broke into our house about 7 years ago, our dogs didn't budge. About three weeks ago, someone tried breaking in during the daytime, and the older one chased him out house! Not bad for a lab/retriever with bad hips and a 5 foot jump!

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield

Once you got to your children don't you think the better choice would be take cover and call 911, let the police do what they are paid and trained for at that point. Can't really raise your children if you are dead. Be smart people!!!

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    I am sorry Tony7141 it is my house and my kids lives at stake. I will search and protect them at all cost. The police are 5-7 min away and I am here. I have take several self defense courses and plan to take more to help add to my skills. I agree with what the OP did and I am so super Glad he and his family are safe.

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    You know what, you guys go ahead and do what you have to do, and I hope it all works out for you, me I get to my family and call 911, anyone tries to get to my family I shoot, I defend, I do what I have to do. But I don't go out and search and get killed, and not be there to protect my family from the other guy, that I had no clue was there. Police go into a situation like this in force beacuse one person cannot effectively clear a room. If you took slef defense classes and they taught you to go out and search your house, when it is uneeded, you should ask for your money back.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Love my dogs and wouldn't ever want them to have to take on a BG, they are definatly my first alert though.
    79938962106240969_trokvybd_b.jpg

2r6cnlj.jpg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I well I think Fido deserves a filet - or at least a few pig ears - +1 Fido! That's why I have 2 pits - dogs are a good investment til they crap where you just stepped - my 1911 works better than them tho and doest crap half as much :D Very glad to here your family and you are safe - motion lights aren't a bad investment

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Right On!!!

Doggie Ice Cream with Bacon-Chips in it!! A bit of advice, w little ones in the house: we baby-sit the grand-kids a lot, I night-carry a G-21, wife has a G-30. Both have laser pointers, to ensure that at the heat of the moment we are not aiming where 4-ft childrens' heads might be. Plus, BadGuys don't like to be laser-painted. EBG
    Glad all is well. This dog needs a case of Doggie Ice Cream.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Holy cow, PA... I missed this thread when you put it up a few days ago. What a string of luck you're having. You ought to buy some lottery tickets--your luck is due to turn.

Top Bottom