• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Someone ought to clue the guy in about more reliable firearms. He's probably carrying Llamas. If that's all I have, I'd carry five of them, too. One malfunctions, you pull out the next one, and that one malfunctions right away, so then on to the third, and so on... ;)

OK, it wasn't that funny...

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    When it is suggested that a man carrying more than 2 firearms is insane (which has recently been one of the heavily pushed criteria for disarmament) you are going down a slippery slope. The exact kind which could easily lead to legislative action. I certainly would not want a law arbitrarily limiting the number of firearms that I may legally carry; written by a bureaucrat who could never possibly know all of the scenarios that I might find myself in. There is a threshold for what is reasonable, and it oughtn't be determined by politicians, it ought to be determined by you, me, and everyone else who carries; on our own terms, no one else's.

This is silly. No one has made the claim that the man is actually "insane." "Right in the head" in this case is obviously a colloquialism not intended to convey a medical diagnosis of mental illness. Neither has anyone advocated regulating the number of firearms a licensed hoosier may carry, so your rant is entirely unnecessary. Do you imagine that INGunOwners.com is a hotbed of gun regulation advocates?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Five is just...over the slope, as is 10 rounds. Or 7. Or 5. Or 3. Or 1....Get it now?

And a nuclear reaction is just another means to propel something, so personally owned nuclear devices are OK? RPGs, same thing? A few pounds of plastic explosive? Hand grenades? Banning any of these arms is a slippery slope, correct?

Someone needing to carry five guns is likely someone I have no care to be around, ever. Maybe they are overly paranoid, insane, or clearly feel they are under some sort of serious enough threat they need give firearms. Any of these are reasons why I would avoid such a person at any cost. Just like the guy that got his guns taken. Yea, it might be legal, but to many people, extremely odd, to the point of being worrisome. I would put it right up there to the OCer who think they need to OC by constantly having the gun in their hand at all times. So long as they keep the gun pointed down, there is no law being broken, but doesn't really mean one should. Then again, if carrying five guns should be considered normal, maybe it is time folks start OCing by just carrying the gun in their hand. Maybe view a holster as a temporary holder for the handgun when one needs to use both hands for something?

When it is suggested that a man carrying more than 2 firearms is insane (which has recently been one of the heavily pushed criteria for disarmament) you are going down a slippery slope.

When it is suggested that a man possessing a nuclear bomb is insane you are going down a slippery slope.
    When it is suggested that a man not be able to use hand grenades for sidewalk self-defense you are going down a slippery slope.
    When it is suggested that a man can't possess plastic explosives for use in sidewalk self-defense you are going down a slippery slope.
    When it is suggested that a man can't possess a handgun with an obliterated serial number you are going down a slippery slope.

There are many slippery slopes that we have already went down. It is what it is. There are limits society places on people. I don't know if a person who carries five guns is insane or not. I do know I would rather not be near, or associate with, such a person.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Looks like I was wrong; someone just had to come along and get histrionic. Indy317, you have a very odd world view. Are you comfortable being near people who carry one or two weapons? If so, what is the difference?

edit: I love that you immediately jumped to the weak "We don't let people walk around with nukes/explosives, therefore any weapons regulations I happen to like are A-OK!" argument of which opponents of CC/OC seem so fond.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Clearly everyone doesn't include you, you are missing a vital point. This point I will not try to convey to you any longer, it's moot now because you refuse to debate it. So what is the big difference between 2 and 5 guns? Why the big deal?

So Burnsy, what exactly did state police say when they kicked you out of the fair?

RobertaX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple
    When it is suggested that a man possessing a nuclear bomb is insane you are going down a slippery slope.
    When it is suggested that a man not be able to use hand grenades for sidewalk self-defense you are going down a slippery slope.
    When it is suggested that a man can't possess plastic explosives for use in sidewalk self-defense you are going down a slippery slope.
    When it is suggested that a man can't possess a handgun with an obliterated serial number you are going down a slippery slope.

There are many slippery slopes that we have already went down. It is what it is. There are limits society places on people. I don't know if a person who carries five guns is insane or not. I do know I would rather not be near, or associate with, such a person.

So, was the crew of the Enola Gay insane?
    You can own hand grenades, IIRC, but there's a flippin' $200 Federal tax (and mucho paperwork) on each one. The law doesn't address your purpose.
    Plastic explosives? I'm pretty sure you can do that, but (once again) there are a lot of forms to fill out, storage requirements, etc.
    Obliterated serial number? Some older .22s don't even have one! (and aren't required to). Your friendly neighborhood FFL can reserialize any gun that has lost the S/N through accident or modification.

We already have reams of paper filled with gun laws. Let's not go justifying adding to them. And a lot of what "everybody knows" about those laws is pure bunk.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Considering the neighborhood the State Fair resides in, 5 seems more than reasonable. Maybe he was around for the rioting youths a few years ago and wanted to be prepared.

Why did he have 5 guns? Maybe he didn't have room for the 6th?

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    No one was shot, so why the argument? Sounds like he's maybe weird or paranoid, or had all Jaminez's to make sure one worked.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Don't get so worked up about this guy with five guns. If you do, don't go on Youtube. There are videos of nerds with "full tactical loadout," pretending they're Navy SEALs. Don't go out either. Just the other day I saw a fat kid carrying a fixed blade in a thigh rig -- one on each thigh.

And, as for my friends on the other side of the debate, don't defend this fool either, unless you also feel like defending the fat kid with the thunder thighs. There is nothing illegal or immoral about what they're doing. It's just laughable and in poor taste.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Since no laws were broken and he left when told. This was a non news item and should have never been reported on. The only reason it was reported on was to try and fuel the anti gun hysteria.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    didn't the article say he was noticed as he was in the midway? Probably on a ride?

That if he hadn't been on a ride...he'd never have been noticed...

Darned rides, always ratting folks out.

Wonder if he parked on the Deaf School grounds...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Camera Monkey you out there?

Were you expressing a question out of curiousity? Would you favor legislation limiting the number of firearms a person can carry at any given time?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The law seems to contradict itself. First it says you are not allowed to have any weapons on the fairgrounds during the fair, then it says you must lock them up in your car.
    I hope if I'm ever caught breaking the law, I get the same officers this guy did!

For those of you stating that he did nothing illegal, how do you figure?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Dirtbiker:

There's a difference between something being in the Indiana Code vs. being in the Indiana Administrative Code.

Law vs. code violation.

Some may view it as merely semantics, but it's not. The Indiana Code, "The Law", spells out "punishments" for breaking such.

It isn't a "crime", per se, to violate the IAC rule of having a weapon on you at the State Fair. You cannot be charged with any crime for that specific act. No misdemeanors, no felonies, etc.

-J-

Top Bottom