• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Someone explain the love for Glocks***

I would believe for starters years of poor life choices along with not being able to afford a nice Colt, HK or Sig they just settle for a middle of the road pistol.
    After awhile the poor bore axis and triggers like sponges, they just feel normal to some who think a Glock is the cats meow.

C P

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Reliable
    durable
    lightweight
    affordable
    functional
    availability
    caliber diversity
    and a proven track record with military and law enforcement as well as the professional shooting sports.

I could go on,

certainly not a pretty gun but I'll take all of the above over looks.

That being said I love sigs too and 1911s who are also very proven guns as well.

however glocks should be accepted for what they are
    a quality reliable gun at a reasonable price
    a gun that is among some of the top tier service pistols in the world
    they are successful for a reason.

Last edited:

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    First handgun was a colt mk4 series 70. But I own a Glock as well for many of the reasons already listed.
    Seems to me that any company that comes out with a new kind of handgun ( like Glock did) that changes almost the entire handgun market and how handguns are made is a company that has their defecation consolidated.
    My 2 cents.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yeah but since then I have purchased more 1911s. So now I can carry a spare.

As of last week I officially retired my Glock 23. For the first time since 2008 the gun was unloaded and placed in a case in the gun safe. End of an era I suppose. I am sure it will make an appearance again if I go 4 wheeling or fishing. Hard to beat the sweat, water and mud repellency of a Glock carried in a kydex holster.

The G23 really is one of the great guns of our time.

LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I've never shot one

It was a sad (and happy) day when I grabbed my friends glock 17 and hit my targets more quickly AND more accurately than my sig p229...

I love my sig.. I hated that I shot the glock better. I did some uspsa style timed shooting and couldn't deny that for some reason my scores are better with the glock..

On top of this, breaking the glock down is very simple, even the slide and removing your firing pin, extractor, etc is simple.

Also, magazine compatability is a huge plus, putting your higher capacity mags in the compact versions in the same caliber makes a great back-up magazine to carry.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Seems to me there are plenty of great guns out there, but from a "jack of all trades" point of view, the Glock lineup is pretty hard to beat.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't "love" Glock pistols but they're all I shoot or carry, they work. Perhaps if I loved them I'd feel compelled to make disparaging remarks toward the owners of other brands.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't ever get butt hurt like some when people insult them or anything like some glock guys, but I am a fan. I like other pistols a lot, but something about Glocks I just love. I feel like its an attachment formed over time spent with them. Who knows. Carry anything everyday, shoot it a ton, and it means something I feel like. My pistol does just what I want and I leave it there.
    I shoot them well and because I've shot them so much they are better to me than most other guns. I do find some pistols that are strait shooters but they usually are pretty pricey and not something I'll carry.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Cheap, available, parts and mags available, huge aftermarket (if that is your thing), tons of holster options, etc. etc.

I can quickly take the entire gun apart myself and don't need a gunsmith. All business without the good looks. Accurate and able to take a beating.

I didn't like them either at first until I shot a G21. The rest is history and now Glock is all I own, shoot, and carry.

If you see someone at the range with a 17 or 21 ask to shoot it.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    i bought a G19 new in 1990,and it is unstopable! does not fail,holds ltsa bullets,will shhot good ammo or crap ammo, they dont rust,they don't get cold......but yes there ugly.......so i will go with proven performance over how nice it looks

Aaron

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    They have a reputation for performance, ugly but functional. Functionality under high stress is a highly desirable trait when you're getting shot at. Personally, I prefer 1911s. But I can appreciate fine engineering. The Glock certainly serves a niche. I own one. I bought it because I wanted something that would be less of a loss if it were stolen. But once I shot it, I appreciated its performance.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I see the positives and negatives but the positives outweigh the negatives. Love is a word I don't use in connection with firearms but nothing is more important than trust. They point well for me and I shoot them well and trust them. They eat anything and are as reliable as any firearm on the planet. It's pretty simple, less parts, less things to go wrong. A great formula for a tool that you may need to depend on to save your life.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands,
    it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I am not in either of those groups. I actually have 3 Glocks and plan on getting a fourth. So I don't hate them. I just don't fall in the fanboy group either. There are some other handguns that I like better and some worse. I guess I am neutral about them and the depth of feeling some people have (pro or con) mystifies me.

I don't disagree with you at all, but I am not a fanboy (unless I am in denial ;-) ) I Am a fan of several different brands, but the Glock just works for me! Are there better (more refined, better looking) pistols? Yes! I don't judge true Glock fanboys, H&K fanboys or Sig fanboys. I just know that individual preferences are what they are. There is no right and wrong unless you are a hi-point fan! :-)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I see the positives and negatives but the positives outweigh the negatives. Love is a word I don't use in connection with firearms but nothing is more important than trust. They point well for me and I shoot them well and trust them. They eat anything and are as reliable as any firearm on the planet. It's pretty simple, less parts, less things to go wrong. A great formula for a tool that you may need to depend on to save your life.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands,
    it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

That's a really good point Charlie! I've tossed the 'love' word out in regards to firearms, but when it comes down to it, there is no love involved. Respect yes, and often trust, but I cannot say I love my Glocks, 1911s or CZs any more than I can say I love the furnace that works reliably keeping my house warm every day. In the end, firearms are just tools and deserve 'love' no more than a reliable lawnmower, nicely balanced hammer or a good set of wrenches.

It's nice to have someone ground us once in a while... :):

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    That's a really good point Charlie! I've tossed the 'love' word out in regards to firearms, but when it comes down to it, there is no love involved. Respect yes, and often trust, but I cannot say I love my Glocks, 1911s or CZs any more than I can say I love the furnace that works reliably keeping my house warm every day. In the end, firearms are just tools and deserve 'love' no more than a reliable lawnmower, nicely balanced hammer or a good set of wrenches.

It's nice to have someone ground us once in a while... :):

The "love" definition IS over the top where firearms are concerned but where a really nice 1911 is involved, "lust" could very well enter into the conversation. :)

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Top Bottom