• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Central Indiana
    I'm in the camp of love them. I have shot the 26 and 43 and plan to purchase one of the two. Still a little on the fence about that. I wouldn't say I fell in love with how the looked or felt in my hand, it was just how it shot for me.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Whatever floats your boat, to each their own, the Glock platform just suits me fine, I trust my life, my families lives, and my property to them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Really, what's not to love about the Glock? It's a simple, reliable tool that does the job it's been designed to do very well. It's the Honda of firearms. It will never have the storied history of the 1911 or the molded to your hand feel of a CZ, but when you are looking for a simple shooting implement, it's hard to fault the Glock. They are cheap to buy, cheap to own and have a decent aftermarket.

willforu1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I've never shot one and wouldn't pay $500 for a Glock. It always just feels like a hunk of timber in my hand. I'm sure they make different grips for them, but they're never on the gun in the cases. It just feels wrong in the hand and doesn't encourage me to look any further into them. What's the deal?
    Without reading what anyone else wrote in the thread ( I will go back and read the thread in it's entirety later) I will say the following: I oown two Colt 1911s, A Sig MK25 226, A Springfield XD, and 4 Glocks...20, 22, 26, 34. Between the four Glocks, I have never had one failure to feed, stovepipe, or any other kind of malfunction. Between my Springfield and my Colt Combat Commander, I have had so many issues. The Sig cost me nearly 2X the cost of my Glocks. The 226 MK25 is very sexy but the trigger was inferior to all my Glocks. I spent nearly 300$ and Sig did a trigger job and installed a SRT and now it is currently my favorite pistol IDPA shoots. However, right out of the box the Glocks are the most reliable and easiest to use and most forgiving for half the price of a Sig.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Had a Glock. 357 sig version. Nice weapon. Easy to work with and operate. Unfortunately, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Did't point well in my hand. Always had to readjust my grip to shoot decently. Felt awkward. YRMV.

willforu1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    A guy that runs a gun shop in the next town over told me and a few other customers the following: With any other weapon he has in his shop he recommends a break in period with 500 rounds minimum and then shooting several hollow points to find the right round for your gun. For a Glock, if you can fire one full magazine of hollow points through your Glock than you are ready to go.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Had a Glock. 357 sig version. Nice weapon. Easy to work with and operate. Unfortunately, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Did't point well in my hand. Always had to readjust my grip to shoot decently. Felt awkward. YRMV.

Some training would be a worth while investment for you.

If you're having to readjust your grip, you are doing something wrong and training would help you identify and rectify that, as well as get your marksmanship squared away so you can hit the broad side of a barn with what ever firearm is put in your hands.

Top Bottom