Someone got arrested for shouldering a brace?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I supposed it isn't the actual place I want to give a bad rep for, but just the one employee that works at Deb's Gun Range in Hammond

Thanks. For some reason I thought you were here in the Indy area. I do think he was full of hot air or bovine excrement!
    Dan

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    67d38fc25fd73c921ccb878c3e241062e2d297089f8b6511f028b2791c7c324e.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The story sounds fishy, but it does reinforce the point that it's high time to either reform (good) or repeal (way better) the NFA altogether.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I asked the ATF guy directly when he visited the shop I work. "Is it illegal to shoulder fire using the sig brace?" He said, "If you're using the brace in a manner other than it was intended then, yes, it's illegal." Now, granted, that's the administrative dude giving his opinion on the opinion but that's straight from the horse's mouth.

Do I worry about it when I'm out shooting mine from the shoulder? Absolutely not.

All those gun counter/range stories about, "I heard about a dude who knew a dude who went shooting with a dude once......" are just stories. But, it only takes one story to get the myths going. The bottom line is the ATF has intentionally vague "laws" that are designed to be applied when they need to be. Like all other law enforcement encounters, if you disrespect Johnny Law, you're going to find yourself with some silly charges tacked on to whatever other extortion operations they're participating in.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I heard a similar story....

A guy I met one time told me that he was at a range where a guy who was shooting a ruger precision rifle (so you know he is legit) that his cousins brother in law heard that Indiana was going to get rid of firearms season for a few years to try and lure elk back into our national park. And that the atf was rewriting the definition of pistol to eliminate all devices that overhang the rearward tang that absorb the recoils.

And that is just what I heard, For the money...

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

A guy I met one time told me that he was at a range where a guy who was shooting a ruger precision rifle (so you know he is legit) that his cousins brother in law heard that Indiana was going to get rid of firearms season for a few years to try and lure elk back into our national park. And that the atf was rewriting the definition of pistol to eliminate all devices that overhang the rearward tang that absorb the recoils.

Sounds legit to me!
    Dan

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana

So there was another story you could have listens too but you couldn't afford it and settled on this one?

Top Bottom