• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Some of the older Fort Wieners might remember Doc West and WXKE back in the day. There was some call in show on Sundays they had that used the peanuts theme. One day some old lady called in and bitched them out for having a theme song called the “penis theme”. I kinda suspected they faked the phone call. It was way over the top.

Well that's not quite what I was going for. :lol2:

I was talking about how the opening of this...

...makes me thinking about this.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Maybe we could have a thread next year just for people to talk about how much they don’t care about the Super Bowl or sportsball or whatever. There are a lot of people who seem eager to tell everyone they don’t watch it, so it could be popular. Maybe there could be various spin-off threads about other random TV programs we don’t like? I didn’t watch the Charlie Brown Christmas Special this year! Bunch of poorly drawn kids dancing around a twig tree!
    Don't forget the "I don't watch tv" people; that one could be the umbrella group and then splinter off into various factions. I'm in that group. :rockwoot:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Awful lot of reaction from the 'get off my lawn' crowd to the halftime show of a game they claim not to care about or even watch.:whistle:
    Even if the word “care” was used it likely was not intended in the literal sense. What i am reading in the postings is they are pissed that something they once enjoyed has been so taken over by that which they despise.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Even if the word “care” was used it likely was not intended in the literal sense. What i am reading in the postings is they are pissed that something they once enjoyed has been so taken over by that which they despise.
    Pretty much. Sports should stay out of politics. Sports was an escape from all of that. Now it is just more of the same.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I liked the halftime show, and I was looking forward to it. There, I said it.

Wouldn't matter who was playing, 75% of INGO would complain about it.
    I agree. It wasn't really my type of music, but I doubt Volbeat or FFDP will ever be playing at the super bowl. It did take me back to my high school days since it was the popular music when I was growing up, so I did recognize all but one of the artists and songs.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I liked the halftime show, and I was looking forward to it. There, I said it.

Wouldn't matter who was playing, 75% of INGO would complain about it.
    If it ain’t the way Pepperidge farms remember it, we on INGO will complain.

You just take your smart guns and go to the smart gun virtual reality forum…. LOL

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I watched some Sarah Conor Chronicles and then went to bed.
    I am outraged by the whole thing thing though.
    Why just 2 seasons?

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    They got away with murder.

I thought tonight would be the night I give them another chance. I'm just sour maybe. I'm also afraid that this halftime show is appreciated by some. RIP.
    I also thought that I would give them 1 more chance, mostly because the Bingles were playing. They lead off with an equality lecture, then a bunch of Mambipambi commercials but the halftime and the officiating insuring an LA win. Put me off the NFL permanently. (National felons league
    By the way, I know a guy who works for the NFL coordinating their television production. He told me that when a Play is being reviewed under the hood. The video goes to New York to determine how the play will affect having an East and West Coast team in the Super Bowl. Fairness and sportsmanship has nothing to do with it

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I also thought that I would give them 1 more chance, mostly because the Bingles were playing. They lead off with an equality lecture, then a bunch of Mambipambi commercials but the halftime and the officiating insuring an LA win. Put me off the NFL permanently. (National felons league
    By the way, I know a guy who works for the NFL coordinating their television production. He told me that when a Play is being reviewed under the hood. The video goes to New York to determine how the play will affect having an East and West Coast team in the Super Bowl. Fairness and sportsmanship has nothing to do with it
    It does go to NY for decision. Started that last year I believe…

Top Bottom