• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    In the gun library of Cabela's in Noblesville. Home of the $969 used HK VP9 I was mocking last month. Anyway, I was there yesterday and noticed an excellent condition DSA SA58 16-incher for $999. I was sorely tempted, but am saving for a different, much more expensive toy. Agonized about it after I got home, thinking I might be able to pull it off with some creative shuffling of resources ( figuring if nothing else, I could pick it up and flip it for a small profit). Went back today for a second look and it was gone, gone, gone, baby, gone.

So which one of you guys scored it?

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I was there this past Friday afternoon. I didn't score a firearm, however I did score some .17HMR and 45 Long Colt ammo at a darn good price. I was surprised how low the price was(at least on my ammo) with it being a big box store. First time I have ever been there.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I was in Cabelas yesterday also and in the gun library and I was in wonderment as to how they sell any firearms at the ridiculous prices they are asking.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I was in Cabelas yesterday also and in the gun library and I was in wonderment as to how they sell any firearms at the ridiculous prices they are asking.

Thing with Cabelas is you have to wait for a good sale and couple that with the coupons they send you if your a points member. Got the wife her Ruger Mark IV 22/45 lite she had been wanting for under $380 out the door.
    Definitely not the greatest on prices firearms wise, but I've picked up plenty of great deals on 9mm, 223, and 22lr ammo thru the years, once again with the coupons they send, for much better than i could find on the net at that time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was also at Cabelas yesterday and wandered the gun library. Scored some 9mm range ammo and looked at the high priced old stuff. INGOers are everywhere!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Makes you wonder about the guy who sold them the gun and how badly he needed the money. The gun library at Sydney Nebraska had a SP1 AR chambered in .222 that they wanted $2700 for. They said a guy just walked in wanting to sell it but wouldn't tell me how much they gave him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Never underestimate the power of an overpaid moron. Some people have more money than sense.

I've seen gold inlaid Beretta Shottys going for over $10k and they move. :dunno:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I spent an hour in Noblesville Cabela's at noontime today. I didn't spend a dime in the store. I wanted to. I looked and looked but nothing I was interested in was priced fairly...not even in the "bargain" room.
    (I did spend $500 in their parking lot though lol)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I spent an hour in Noblesville Cabela's at noontime today. I didn't spend a dime in the store. I wanted to. I looked and looked but nothing I was interested in was priced fairly...not even in the "bargain" room.
    (I did spend $500 in their parking lot though lol)

I had no idea that was a red light district. How was she? :pimp::naughty::lmfao:

Dont worry, we wont tell the wife.

heeringa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I saw the used Remington 870 Tactical in the "Gun Library" today. It was only about 2 feet from the Beretta DT10 they have in there. Laughed to myself and walked out the door.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I have bought a couple guns from the library that were good deals, but those are definitely hard to come buy. I have also sold a couple that they bought for a good price, but again those are also hard to come buy, er sell.

Jagermeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Shelby
    I have bought several guns and lots of reloading supplies from Cabelas. Most generally they mark there prices up 30% on firearms and won't budge until a certain time period expires. I think that it can vary on the firearm. The only thing that I can say is that they have given me some great trades. Most generally they are way to high.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    I stop in at the one in Hammond from time to time and I've scored some pretty good deals on guns. Recently picked up a Fox model B with around 90% finish and original wood for a little under 400.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Cabela's has insane gun library prices. Which is why I was shocked to see that DSA for a very decent price!

They probably didn't know its true value.
    After all they are human like the rest of us, apparently you weren't the only one to recognize it as a good deal.

After years and years of watching American Pickers, the number one lesson I have learned from Mike Wolfe.
    "The time to buy it is when you see it".
    I have done what you did way too many times, when I do go back........ It's gone.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Never underestimate the power of an overpaid moron. Some people have more money than sense.

I've seen gold inlaid Beretta Shottys going for over $10k and they move. :dunno:

I shot some down in Argentina (can't remember which model) that retail between 10-12k and the guy had a custom matching pair with sequential serials in two different calibers. I don't even want to know what he paid. I know it was North of 30k and man they were nice, and shot great but they were not worth 15k more than a silver pigeon by any means! Some people do have too much money! When you get to Holland and Holland and other guns like that it just makes you laugh!

Top Bottom