• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    So I was on my way to work this morning about 8:30 AM on 465, around mile marker 23 or so. There was an accident affecting all lanes of traffic, so it was bumper to bumper, but in this section things were still moving, albeit at about 30 mph.

This is the area where the left lane ends just before there is an exit on the left. I was in the left-center lane, so when the left lane ended, I merged at the first opportunity so I wouldn't be in the left lane. As soon as I did, Cincinnati Bell van 2096204, who was in the left lane neck and neck with me, decided that he wanted to be in the center lane as well, and started to merge.

At first I'm thinking, "Whoops, he must not see me here," and I gave a short honk to let him know I was there. No response from him, he didn't even look over at me. He was still merging. I honked again. Still no response. I had to move back into the left lane and merge back in a few cars ahead.

He wasn't trying to get over to exit on the left, because he passed it. He came flying up behind me after exit 25 and passed me (Which is how I got the van number.)

I don't usually get Road Rage or anything (people are stupid everywhere, why should roads be any exception? :rolleyes:) but this could have easily taken a very bad turn. And when someone does something stupid that puts my life (and the lives of who knows how many other people) at risk, I get a little antsy.

If I hadn't noticed that he was moving into my lane, or if the left lane wasn't clear, or if there was a vehicle coming up behind me in the left lane at a high rate of speed? During bumper to bumper traffic on 465? There could have very easily been a multiple car pileup. All because this guy either wasn't paying attention, or just didn't care that he was forcing another vehicle out of the lane. :xmad:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sorry for the experience, SA helps driving too!

I was pushed into the grassy median going 80moh by an RV a few years ago. I was livid. Guy had freaking headphones in and couldn't hear me and wouldn't look down either

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    There's an RV that will do 80? Usually I get stuck behind those damn things for 5 minutes as I watch people passing me (I'm not the type guy who just cuts people off just to save a couple minutes). Did it look like this?

090416-08-GMC_EM50_Urban_Assault_Vehicle_from_Stripes.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I was on my way to work this morning about 8:30 AM on 465, around mile marker 23 or so. There was an accident affecting all lanes of traffic, so it was bumper to bumper, but in this section things were still moving, albeit at about 30 mph.

This is the area where the left lane ends just before there is an exit on the left. I was in the left-center lane, so when the left lane ended, I merged at the first opportunity so I wouldn't be in the left lane. As soon as I did, Cincinnati Bell van 2096204, who was in the left lane neck and neck with me, decided that he wanted to be in the center lane as well, and started to merge.
    -snip-
    I don't usually get Road Rage or anything (people are stupid everywhere, why should roads be any exception? :rolleyes:) but this could have easily taken a very bad turn. And when someone does something stupid that puts my life (and the lives of who knows how many other people) at risk, I get a little antsy.
    -snip-

Your experience is WHY I hate the ALL encompassing term "Road Rage".

In your case, it's actually "Road Provocation".

As in MOST normal people are PROVOKED to anger when some idiot does what this idiot did to you.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There's an RV that will do 80? Usually I get stuck behind those damn things for 5 minutes as I watch people passing me (I'm not the type guy who just cuts people off just to save a couple minutes). Did it look like this?

090416-08-GMC_EM50_Urban_Assault_Vehicle_from_Stripes.jpg

Is that the RV from Stripes????:rockwoot:That's really how we won the Cold war you know. The Soviets just couldn't compete.:D

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Is that the RV from Stripes????:rockwoot:That's really how we won the Cold war you know. The Soviets just couldn't compete.:D

Yes, that's the Urban Assualt Vehicle. I have to say, the mud wresting scene with Candy and Murray is one my favorite scenes in movie history. There's a lot of comic talent in that one. Some rainy or ridiculously hot Saturday I think I need to do a Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Stripes marathon, then rest my sides from laughing so hard...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

heh, STRIPES!

I was doing 80, he was merging over to pass and I must've been in the blind spot. I was recently in close proximity to an RV doing 80 actually :)

Randrayla

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    My "Road Rage" usually stems from some idiot with Ohio or Michigan plates..... mostly Ohio.... F.I.F.O.

Haha so I'm not the only one who notices this! Seems nearly every time I see someone do something stupid in a vehicle it has Ohio plates.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have you ever done rush hour on Friday afternoon in Cincinnati??? It is a near Chicago driving experience. Dayton is close. SOP for Ohio drivers in general. Maybe I should not lump all together but spend some time there and judge for yourself.

Top Bottom