• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KomboJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Paragon
    Looking for another rifle in 5.56 for under $2000. Besides an AR I have a Mini-14 and a CETME-L. If you were going to buy one today for that price range what would you buy?

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I’ve always liked the idea of the Mossberg bolt action 5.56 that runs with pmags. I just got into bolt rifles a year or so ago I do not really shoot past 100 yards often so figured it would be a cheap way to have fun and slow down my rate of fire. That coupled with the fact I already have the ammo and mags.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'd give the Bren II a long hard look first, then I'd consider an Ace, Makasi or Zpap 90 if you want to stick to standard rifles. If you're willing to consider a bullpup, I'd slot the X95 in right behind the Bren and then the AUG in order of consideration.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Bren 2 is a battle proven heavy hitter at the top end of that price range.

Jakl is the ACR at home.

BRN180 can be a pretty cool build with the retro lower and a folding stock.

They aren't cheap but a current production Zastava M90 is a whole lot of slick for the price and will be a lifelong 5.56 AK for you. Just depends on your desire for AK manual of arms.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Prolly an RDB Survival or whatever they're calling it now. Just picked up my second one last week. Yeah, it's non-standard in form and appearance but it fills a niche no other rifle does. I know,...I know,....you think it's freaky looking. Absolutely, it is, but it's the coolest lil' rifle I've ever held/fired and I have a small room full of SBRs. This thing rocks.

KelTec also makes a very similar rifle with a longer handguard and 20" barrel instead of the 16". If anything, I like that one even better but it doesn't quite fill the same niche as a non-NFA 22" rifle with a 16" barrel. Oh, you can buy one of each for the $2k you're considering.

kel-tec-rdb-s-survival-carbine-range-review-f.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I'd give the Bren II a long hard look first, then I'd consider an Ace, Makasi or Zpap 90 if you want to stick to standard rifles. If you're willing to consider a bullpup, I'd slot the X95 in right behind the Bren and then the AUG in order of consideration.

I would pass on the Bren 2 , good luck getting spare parts right now. All the CZ guns are going to Ukraine right now.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Prolly an RDB Survival or whatever they're calling it now. Just picked up my second one last week. Yeah, it's non-standard in form and appearance but it fills a niche no other rifle does. I know,...I know,....you think it's freaky looking. Absolutely, it is, but it's the coolest lil' rifle I've ever held/fired and I have a small room full of SBRs. This thing rocks.

KelTec also makes a very similar rifle with a longer handguard and 20" barrel instead of the 16". If anything, I like that one even better but it doesn't quite fill the same niche as a non-NFA 22" rifle with a 16" barrel. Oh, you can buy one of each for the $2k you're considering.

kel-tec-rdb-s-survival-carbine-range-review-f.jpg
    I like my standard RDB a lot, but the chamber access issue has it off the table for a serious gun. Great range and competition toy though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Now that's a long list! I will limit it to 5 suggestion **twitches, blinks, twitches more* No order

1. How about locally grown excellence? Centurion CM4 Lightweight

2. Colt M6920SOCOM

3. CA Bren II

4. MilitiaWorks Dissent:

5. Sionics Patrol Raffle 3

I have more, many more if you want them.

Top Bottom