Something for the INGO vampires to think about tonite.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My boss just put a vote for the Benelli M4 super 90 shotgun used in Zombieland! ( god I love my job) he added cause it kills people who are already dead! , good point boss!

sasquatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Madison
    Oscar for best supporting role?
    The Sharps 1874 rifle, caliber 45/110, from Quigley Down Under.

Elliott Marston: Ah ha. Legendary Sharps.
    Matthew Quigley: You know your weapons. It's a lever-action, breech loader. Usual barrel length's thirty inches. This one has an extra four. It's converted to use a special forty-five caliber, hundred and ten grain metal cartridge, with a five-hundred forty grain paper patch bullet. It's fitted with double set triggers, and a Vernier sight. It's marked up to twelve-hundred yards. This one shoots a mite further.
    Elliott Marston: An experimental weapon with experimental ammunition.
    Matthew Quigley: You could call it that.
    Elliott Marston: Let's experiment.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    As far as iconic working movie guns I'm going with John Wayne's Colt Single Action Army.

Last edited:

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    A guy told me once that Eastwood actually shot a .41.. Anybody else ever hear this, or is it just BS? A quick google search turns this debate up. Any input? Anyone??
    I had heard that as well and now that I've seen it on TV and read it on the internet, it has to be true!

DKY197

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Monroe County
    A guy told me once that Eastwood actually shot a .41.. Anybody else ever hear this, or is it just BS? A quick google search turns this debate up. Any input? Anyone??

I don't remember specifics but I read a long article about western movie guns that said that the habit of the industry was to re-chamber or custom make the guns they wanted for their visual qualities to different calibers to use the common blank calibers of the time that were prevalent in Hollywood. I don't know about the .41 specifically but the general idea of the statements SOUNDS correct :D

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Eastwood has said in commentary about the film that they shot light .44 special loads in Dirty Harry.

And in the Sci-Fi catagory - MIB the noisy cricket.

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    As far as iconic, anyone can look at the 44 mag Dirty Harry carried and know what it is. As far as my favorite. Deff the hand held mini, Jesse Ventura used in Predator.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    It may not be the most iconic, but my favorite right now is Rick Grimes' Colt Python in The Walking Dead.

the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-colt-python-357-1024x681.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom