• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I was sitting in the taco bell parking lot chowing down on my lunch when some feller walked in front of my truck and patted my hood on his way to my driver side and it sounded like he was asking for money. I just gestured no and he walked on by. Door was locked and windows rolled up(my windows are tinted) Here is where it gets good(or bad) Im sitting at a stop light after eating headed back to work about a block and a half away from the taco bell. This guy comes up again in the pedestrian crosswalk to my drivers side door and goes.
    Excuse Me!!! Excuse Me!!! I locked my keys in my car!!! I just looked at him and gestured my hand like what Im I supposed to do. He then says very loud, "You bastard!!!" and walks away. Im surprised he didn't kick my truck as he proceeded to walk in front of other traffic.

What the hell is this world coming to. Maybe I should have called the cops but I'll be sure to tell him to get the **** away from my truck if I see him doing this again which Im sure I will. :ar15::ar15::ar15: What was this guy thinking?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was sitting in the taco bell parking lot chowing down on my lunch when some feller walked in front of my truck and patted my hood on his way to my driver side and it sounded like he was asking for money. I just gestured no and he walked on by. Door was locked and windows rolled up(my windows are tinted) Here is where it gets good(or bad) Im sitting at a stop light after eating headed back to work about a block and a half away from the taco bell. This guy comes up again in the pedestrian crosswalk to my drivers side door and goes.
    Excuse Me!!! Excuse Me!!! I locked my keys in my car!!! I just looked at him and gestured my hand like what Im I supposed to do. He then says very loud, "You bastard!!!" and walks away. Im surprised he didn't kick my truck as he proceeded to walk in front of other traffic.

What the hell is this world coming to. Maybe I should have called the cops but I'll be sure to tell him to get the **** away from my truck if I see him doing this again which Im sure I will. :ar15::ar15::ar15: What was this guy thinking?

That I can't answer, but I'm convinced some people think they're smarter than they are, we're dumber than we are, or both.

Some guy knocked on my window while I was stopped at a red light and said his car broke down and he need to get to the gas station half a mile down the road. Okay, ignoring the fact that it was a balmy 75 degrees and sunny and he had two perfectly functional legs, I offered to call someone on my phone to come get him. He declined and wanted me to drive him there. I told him he was nucking futs (but I didn't make it INGO friendly) and said there was no way in hell. He flipped me the bird and luckily the light went green so I could leave.

People are crazy.

IIVIIace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Brazil, In
    Police aren't able to do much with people like that. It's usually best to just tell them to hit the bricks. People like that are just one reason that it's good to carry.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    That I can't answer, but I'm convinced some people think they're smarter than they are, we're dumber than we are, or both.

Some guy knocked on my window while I was stopped at a red light and said his car broke down and he need to get to the gas station half a mile down the road. Okay, ignoring the fact that it was a balmy 75 degrees and sunny and he had two perfectly functional legs, I offered to call someone on my phone to come get him. He declined and wanted me to drive him there. I told him he was nucking futs (but I didn't make it INGO friendly) and said there was no way in hell. He flipped me the bird and luckily the light went green so I could leave.

People are crazy.

I totally agree with you. That happened to myself and our daughter not that long ago, while sitting at a stop light on our way to Walmart one night.

Some nut came up to the car and started banging on the hood. We both reached over and locked our doors, and sat there for a moment, hoping he'd go away. He then walked up to my side of the car, and started banging on my window, babbling something in a language that neither of us understood. My daughter is a very fast thinker, and uses a lot of the "sign language" that the kids her age do these days.

She took her index and ring finger, middle finger down and pointed at her eyes. Then pointed at him. (We're watching you!) When he didn't stop, she pointed at him again, and did the swirling palm thing in front of her face...(basically saying that he was somewhere out on lala land). After doing that, she pointed at him again, doubled up her fist, and smacked the open palm of her other hand, then pointed at him again and repeated the action! (That one means go away or you'll be very sorry!) I watched this all happen with total fascination with her reaction (and my hand firmly on the grips of Betsy, unbeknownst to either of them!). After pounding her fist into her open palm a couple of times, the guy flipped us the bird, and went off to accost another car! The light turned green and we drove off. I had my cell phone out by then, talking with the Dispatch of our local LEO's. I relayed what just happened, and that he was also doing this to other cars who were stopped there as well. I gave an accurate description of the man, right down to his scraggly hair and wanna be a beard, and then hung up. They did say we handled it ok, but shouldn't provoke the man next time. We probably shouldn't have, but our daughter doesn't react well when someone is trying to meddle with her car, or threaten her Mom, both of which make her rather angry.

We finished at Walmart and were driving back up the road to go home, and right out in front of the Speedway, at the same light, were 3 LEO cars, and the man, (in handcuffs). We pulled into Speedway and went in, since we needed to stop there in the first place, but had elected not to while the crazy man was running around in the street in front of the place. We went in and apparently the crazy man had followed a couple of cars into their parking lot and started banging on their cars as well.

He turned out to be a homeless man, who should have been on some sort of anti-psychotic med (in our opinion), and had even tried to somewhat attack the officers. Not with any success. We steered around the mess, went out the back way, and I carefully and safely tucked Betsy back into the spot where I carry her. That was the first time our daughter noticed that I had even moved her, from where I keep her, into the deep pocket in my pullover jacket. And for once, she was extremely HAPPY that I was carrying, which she usually thinks is a waste of time. Afterall, stuff like that "only happens to other people!". Gee, guess what? That day WE qualified as "other people".

Now she's happy that I'm usually carrying when we go out, except when her dad goes with us, I defer to his greater understanding and better trained reflexes to keep us safe from any harm. I think it taught her a good lesson. She finally figured out that just because I'm carrying, it doesn't mean that I'm going to shoot anyone who walks up to the car, us, or where ever, at least not without extreme provocation! She's not willing to carry yet, but at least now she carries her Pepper Spray that we got her 99% of the time.

I wish the LEO's could arrest or get rid of all the crazies out there, but they're so far out numbered that it'd take a month of Sundays to even figure out who was the crazy, and who wasn't.

7th Stepper

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    People like that are just one reason that it's good to carry.

Not trying to make too big deal of your comment IIVIIace, but a firearm isn't needed to deal with 99% of the nut jobs out there. You need only good, common sense.

In this case, the guy would have to be much more threatening for me to consider showing my firearm since, when I bear my gun, I'm planning on using it right up to the point that I've successfully stopped the threat. So...I want to be sure I've got a real threat before I shoot, not some mentally ill guy.

:twocents:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Not trying to make too big deal of your comment IIVIIace, but a firearm isn't needed to deal with 99% of the nut jobs out there. You need only good, common sense.

In this case, the guy would have to be much more threatening for me to consider showing my firearm since, when I bear my gun, I'm planning on using it right up to the point that I've successfully stopped the threat. So...I want to be sure I've got a real threat before I shoot, not some mentally ill guy.

Not to say some mentally ill guy couldn't be a threat.:rolleyes:

A spring loaded center punch or a rock and that crazy is in the car with you. Keep the hand on Betsy.:yesway:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Your gut is usually right. If something didn't feel right about this guy, you did the right thing. If your policy is to never help anyone you don't know, that's a different story.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany

This is why I keep a Kimber Guardian Angel clipped to my visor and local: New Albany, Clarksville and Jeffersonville police departments in my cell.While not an emergency requiring 911 contacting LEO about this type of behavior as they may discourage it or get these guys some assistance to keep them and others safe.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is why I keep a Kimber Guardian Angel clipped to my visor...

:yesway:
    pepperspraykeychain.jpg
    One on each visor.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    7th stepper, remember, YOU can ALWAYS "back up" daddy ..... 2 guns, are ALWAYS better than one !!!

I can, but we've worked out a system that we'll use should that situation ever arise. I'm to hit the deck and hide if possible, while Dad does the main maneuvering, if I can back him up from my position then that works, otherwise I'm to stay put and use my cell to call 911.

It'd be easier to back him up if I weren't disabled and could move around more freely, but unfortunately I can't, and once on the ground, I'm stuck on the ground, unless there's something very sturdy to use to get myself upright again. We use that same system here at the house, even if all I've done is tripped and gone down that way. I usually end up crawling around on the floor, looking for a sturdy piece of furniture to assist me.

I've also trained one of our dogs to come stand by me, and I can use him as well, but he can't support my total body weight, it's to much of a "dead weight" for him to be able to hold and not get hurt in the process. The last time I went down in the house, it was a simple trip and fall, which ended up not being so simple after all.

I spiral broke one of the bones in the top of my foot, and after the Dr here in town totally messed it up further, I had to have surgery (about a month into it) to put the bone back together again. I'm only recently out of a cast, and due at my trusty new Ortho's office for more xrays to make sure it's completely healed. And all I did was catch the toe of my slipper on the plastic underneath my computer chair, go down, and it got complicated from that point on.

So as far as my being "agile"......that's completely out of the question.

I don't normally distrust people I see, but when it's 2 in the morning (our daughter and I are rather nocturnal) and we're just making a quick run to Walmart, someone coming up to the car like that can be really scary. Especially when there's 2 women inside the car, 1 is disabled and the other is young enough to be sought after by a rapist. I always carry on those occasions, since about the only other times I get out of the house, are INGO events, when I have a Dr apt, or Bill is with me.

Add to that the pain meds I'm on infrequently, and it's just far more responsible and far safer that I don't carry at that particular point in time. If I'm in pain and on the meds, then Betsy stays in the safe and we don't go out, if I'm not, then she's either accessible to me, on on me. However, even here at home, if our "early warning system" goes off, we click off all the lights, become "invisible", and go on full alert. We DON'T set foot out the doors or into the garage, make sure everything is locked up tight, and until the "alert" stop sounding off (we have 3 dogs, 2 of which make for great protection, one is for a massive amount of noise) calm down, we keep a pretty good vigil on things.

It's just better to be safe, than sorry. It's a system we worked out a while ago, have practiced, and it works for us, which is the main reason we have it. If whomever is on our property at that time in the morning, and I'm not expecting anyone, I may or may not be armed, but I'm always on the phone to our local PD, and they're on their way to check things out for me. As well as the dogs are in full "protection" mode, and completely on the alert for any signs of an attempted break in. Messing with them at that point would be VERY dangerous for the bad guy(s). For us, it's a win/win situation.

7th Stepper

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Are you serious? Just yesterday I had to smoke 4 fools because they were giving me dirty looks while jay walking. I'm not going to let those thugs get away so they can litter or something worse like riding a skateboard on a sidewalk. I say you got to nip it in the bud.

Top Bottom