• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I want to see those Croatians make me a XDM in 10mm. Could it be done? Would any of you buy it too?

Yes it could be done, but it'd require the large investment of a redesign & all the testing that goes along with it. I think it's unlikely because I don't see them spending the time and money on it to sell a smaller number of 10mm handguns. I don't think that it's going to be economically feasible.

Having said that if the XDM came out in 10mm, I would definately buy one, but I'd only do it after they've been out for a while and positive reviews are across the internet.

The 10mm is an outstanding pistol round. My Glock 20SF is one of my favorite guns.

GLOCKBOY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Great round. If they could make the thing fit my hand, then yes. The Glock is too big and I wonder if the XDm would be any smaller

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    umm was this supposed to be in purple? 'cause they make a .40 and a .45 in an XDm package..... those are both bigger then the 10 mm. :dunno:

Uhh.... :dunno:

The .40 S&W is a much pared-down 10mm cartridge. It was developed after several FBI employees couldn't handle the size / recoil of their issued 10mm pistols.

And the .45ACP while being larger diameter than the 10mm, the overall lengths of the two are basically identical. However, the 10mm offers almost double the muzzle energy of the .45ACP.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Not because I'm an XDM fan, but because I'm a 10mm fan and any current production gun is on my list.

For years I've been wanting Glock to make a 10mm in their G36 form factor. It'd be a handful, but not a lot more than my G29.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Uhh.... :dunno:

The .40 S&W is a much pared-down 10mm cartridge. It was developed after several FBI employees couldn't handle the size / recoil of their issued 10mm pistols.

And the .45ACP while being larger diameter than the 10mm, the overall lengths of the two are basically identical. However, the 10mm offers almost double the muzzle energy of the .45ACP.

Sorry, I was looking at a purely diameter based comparison. 10mm = .39"... so about a .39 cal.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    According to Wikipedia, both the .40 S&W and the 10mm have a 0.400" diameter bullet.

Same exact projectiles for both, save for the heaviest ones used in 10mm.

Top Bottom