• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    In fact they do. I recently purchased a Olympic Arms .40 Caliber AR that takes factory Glock Magazines. (G22 15 round mags).

They also sell just the upper, and you can put it on any lower and install a seperate magwell block to use with modified uzi or grease gun mags. (I believe 11 rounders though).

Also, LDW makes an AR lower that fits glock mags as well.

I will say, that I have had to send my Oly back for some adjustments, so I have yet to shoot it and cannot vouch for the function of it yet. I hope to have it back in the next few weeks and I will be performing a complete AAR on it. I have also purchased some non-factory 31 round .40 Glock mags to test function with the rifle. They work great in my handguns, but have yet to try them out in the Oly. Those will be included in the AAR.

FWIW....
    You just became my best friend!!!!!!

You have to keep me updated on this!!!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    All I know is that its making me mad. I keep going back to see if they have either .45 or 9's in, or both. Everytime I see that large stack of .40's, I keep thinking that I should have bought a .40 caliber instead.

That's exactly how I feel, I've been mulling a .40 as well. The ammo seems plentiful and reasonably cheap.

ian2000gsxr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Mooresville
    Always tons of .40 at the local walmart. Never any .45 though. Fine with me as I have a glock 23...my 1911 on the other hand is always hungry...

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Guess I'm in the minority, I'm not a fan of the .40. Had a G23 and just could not shoot with it at all. Sold the G23, picked up a G17 then a G19, problem solved. :twocents:

BTW- My local Walmart usually has tons of .40 ammo in stock.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    Im not a fan of .40 but its the cheapest ammo around not to mention that walmart always has it.... honestly thats why my last 2 hand gun purchases have been .40... glock 23c which i just traded on here and that was b/c i bought a sig 229 and liked to so much more i never shot the glock

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    Guess I'm in the minority, I'm not a fan of the .40. Had a G23 and just could not shoot with it at all. Sold the G23, picked up a G17 then a G19, problem solved. :twocents:

BTW- My local Walmart usually has tons of .40 ammo in stock.
    I had a Taurus PT101 in 1994 had it for 2 years and sold it. I wasnt a fan of .40. I thought it was just a oddball round like 10mm. I will stick to 45acp and 9mm.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I don't like the way it shoots, personally. The snappiness of a 9, the push of a .45. I'd rather just shoot one or the other. Other than that personal dislike, nothing wrong with the .40. Oh, and I'm mad at it for all but killing off the 10mm, a superior round, before it had a chance to evolve into the fantastic service round it could have been.

I just don't think .40s are as popular as some folks think they are. Every time I've seen a "what do you carry poll" on this board and a number of others, the .40 always finishes a distant 3rd to the .45 and the 9mm. Even during the Great Ammo Panic of '09, there was always plenty of .40 on the shelves, and it seemed to just sit there. Darn near convinced me to get another one just for the ammo availability, but I was always able to find ammo for the calibers I prefer in one gun shop or another.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    All I know is that its making me mad. I keep going back to see if they have either .45 or 9's in, or both. Everytime I see that large stack of .40's, I keep thinking that I should have bought a .40 caliber instead.
    dicks in castleton and hamilton town center always have atleast 2 boxes of .45 fmj and perty regularly have jhp

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm in the process of converting my G-32 (.357sig) to a .40...it's cheaper to shoot, ammo is a little more available and in more variety, and it uses the same mags. While the .40 has a little less 'pop' when I shoot it, I think I'll be happy with the 165 or 180 grain rounds.

clayman 762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    walmart doest really want guns and ammo in their store and they dont stock in excessive amount on the shelves so they only keep so much out on the floor due to shoplifing potential.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, after reading this entire thread a couple times and searching past posts, I've come to a conclusion. The reason why people carry the .40 caliber is this. They want something with just a little more power than the 9mm, but they can't handle the .45. So they settle with the .40 :lmfao::D

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Settle???

:soapbox:I didn't just settle, I've got three 40 s&w pistols and will probably end up with at least a couple more. I have a 9mm Browning HP that I've had since 1976 and I might, and I stress might, end up getting a 45acp again one of these days, but that's only a maybe!!!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well, after reading this entire thread a couple times and searching past posts, I've come to a conclusion. The reason why people carry the .40 caliber is this. They want something with just a little more power than the 9mm, but they can't handle the .45. So they settle with the .40
    I know you're just making a joke, and that's cool.

But I don't find the .45ACP any harder to handle than the .40SW. In fact, the .45 is kind of softer, in a way.

The advantage of the .40 over the .45 is not power. It is capacity.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I know you're just making a joke, and that's cool.

But I don't find the .45ACP any harder to handle than the .40SW. In fact, the .45 is kind of softer, in a way.

The advantage of the .40 over the .45 is not power. It is capacity.

I also find the .45 more pleasant to shoot than the .40, and obviously the 9mm much more so. Or maybe not so obviously... my wife and son both find the .45 more enjoyable to shoot than the 9mm. Neither like the "snappiness."

Top Bottom