• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have a magazine disconnect for one of my firearms...it's in a baggie in the parts bin, not required for correct functioning of the weapon. I choose not to play stupid games...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a magazine disconnect for one of my firearms...it's in a baggie in the parts bin, not required for correct functioning of the weapon. I choose not to play stupid games...

Ruger Mk III? I think I have a couple of those.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    v18OJha.jpg

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    One of my problems with "safeties" is that they make people stupid and lazy.

"It's OKAY. The Safety is ON."

If buckling the seat belt makes you drive like a manic, the problem isn't that cars come with seat belts.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    About 25 years ago, a guy picks up a Taraus and says, "A Beretta won't fire with the magazine out",
    Pops the mag out... and PROMPTLY shoots the VCR, through the wall and kills the refrigerator.

This spring 4 local people shot themselves, f
    A firearms instructor for the park rangers shot himself in the ass holstering his pistol (in front of my wife),
    A gun shop owner shot himself in the knee trying to clear a jam on his range, while he was testing some work he did on the pistol,
    The most annoying local self appointed 'Range Expert' shot himself in the thigh trying to pull an AR clone out from under his truck seat,
    And a mechanic at a local truck shop shot himself in the hand, details sketchy, but apparently alcohol was involved.

My wife will not let up on the park instructor, keeps giving him inflatable donuts to sit on, whoopie cushions, Nerf guns, rubber band guns, forks with corks on the end, ect.
    The guy is about 25, and like all people full of themselves, proceeded to 'Instruct' my wife on all things, including the job she'd been doing 13 years before he got there, and she's no slouch with a handgun either...
    Now it's HER turn, and she's not letting up!

I used to see the truck mechanic fairly regularly, I think he isn't shooting near as much these days...
    Lost a chunk of meat off the bottom of his left hand.

The self appointed range expert is trying to sue the rifle maker, but at least he's not plugging up the local public range with his BS.

Don't know about the gun shop owner, was walking a couple weeks later with no apparent limp, so I guess it wasn't that bad...

I was at Knob Creek for a sub gun shoot a few years back when the Kentucky State Police firearms instructor was demonstrating the 'Proper' way to quick draw, and shot himself in the leg.

Two towns over, a really nice guy I'd known since highschool, was a city officer, and range instructor, and shot himself through a finger on his left hand trying to clear a jam in another officer's pistol. Nearly lost the finger, now it won't bend.
    The pistol had be SERIOUSLY modified, and I saw it, it wasn't safe.

An idiot about 10 years ago missed several times while rabbit hunting (alcohol involved), and decided to wrap a loaded Rem 870 around a phone pole.
    Holding it by the barrel, lost most of the outside of his right thigh.

I had a recruit on my range in the Marines back in '83, night fire training, decided to see if his rifle was firing by putting his fingers in front of the muzzle.
    He had gloves on so they found, reattached his finger, it's just about 1/2" shorter than it was...
    He didn't make it out of boot.

A buddy of mine borrowed a .22 LR and when he brought it back, went to clear it and shot my water bed...
    At least it was pointed in a safe direction.

And people wonder why I throw a fit (the Drill Instructor comes RIGHT out in me) when people do something careless/stupid...

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    An idiot about 10 years ago missed several times while rabbit hunting (alcohol involved), and decided to wrap a loaded Rem 870 around a phone pole.
    Holding it by the barrel, lost most of the outside of his right thigh.

He was probably used to doing that with golf clubs. I've know people with this sort of impulse control issue. Some people are randomly unstable enough that they should not be trusted in potentially dangerous environments...which is almost everything including driving and lawn work. I'm pretty sure that 870 was as much at fault as the 9 Iron.

Top Bottom