• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sierra117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    lebanon
    I've been asked a couple times, not as eloquently as the OP was.;) I simply smile and politely reply " Because i choose to take repsponsibility for the saftey of my family,my peers and my self" and go about my business. i've never had the conversation go any farther after that.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Funny part is I've been in that Speedway a lot for work with my gun out and they never get nervous. For some reason, uniforms just trigger "safety" into most sheeple's heads.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    "WTF LADY, YOU THINK ITS GONNA JUMP OUT OF THE ****ING HOLSTER ALL BY ITSELF AND START CAPPING PEOPLE??" But I didnt. I payed for my coffee, and left.
    Yes, that's exactly what people who don't have a clue tend to think.

Another thread that springs to mind is the "You shouldn't carry that around my children," as though the mere presence of children is going to cause the firearm to self-animate, become self-aware, and decide to start taking out people all on it's own.

People fear what they don't understand and I am willing to bet if you were to hand her (a cleared weapon) the first thing she'd do is put her finger on the trigger and pull.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Kudos to you for keeping a cool head and making sure the situation didn't degenerate! I don't want to start an OC vs. CC debate, but this is why I don't OC 99% of the time. I don't like the weird looks, and the OMG BLACK GUY WITH A GUN bs, let alone the crap the LEO's think they can get away with.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    I Always say I will defend you right to open carry, but will question why bring the added attention?

Let alone the loss of the tactical advantage to CC.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Kudos to you for keeping a cool head and making sure the situation didn't degenerate! I don't want to start an OC vs. CC debate, but this is why I don't OC 99% of the time. I don't like the weird looks, and the OMG BLACK GUY WITH A GUN bs, let alone the crap the LEO's think they can get away with.

Blazing Saddles......

Bart: Are we awake?
    Jim: We're not sure. Are we... black?
    Bart: Yes, we are.
    Jim: Then we're awake... but we're very puzzled.

:rockwoot:

NateMiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Brownsburg, IN
    Have fun trying to lift up your jacket and dig your less accurate subcompact handgun out from inside your waistband while getting shot at. Ill have already drawn and fired mine. :D

Top Bottom