• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why remove the gun when dropping trou'? Maybe not wanting an OWB gun to rest on those oh so sanitary public restroom floors. I think this may be a place where women have it all over you guys. I just hang my purse on the back of the stall door and put my sidearm in the purse. Do my business and then put the holster back on or the gun back in its holster before picking up purse and moving to the lavatory.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They should put a warning label on TP squares: Don't forget your pistola! and, Be sure to wash your hands! and, The man in the next stall ain't really a man!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Most of the time, I do my best to not go #2 in public bathrooms. Pissing, I go into stalls to pee so when I go, no one will see my gun out when I move my shirt.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dude, what do you do in the bathroom?

Okay, here's a hypothetical:

Let's say for whatever reason, you need to drop you pants to do whatever it is you need to do. Let's also say that where you are, it would be contrary to your best interests if anyone could see gear you may be carrying since it will be in clear view of anyone else in the bathroom when your trousers are below the bottom edge of the stall wall. If someone in that situation didn't want people seeing their gear, it would be a good idea to remove that gear from where it could be viewed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In downtown indy on at least a weekly basis someone leaves a gun of some sort in their hotel room. It's not as uncommon as you may think.

A friend of mine was on a road trip. Fueled by coffee (natures laxative) and taco bell, he became alarmingly aware that he was about to have an acute case of "mud butt". The race was on. He drove faster than he had ever driven, saw a shell station, bailed from the car, undid his pants in mid stride, and it was a photo finish to the bowl. After a few minutes of Rhino lining the toilet he stood up to admire his work. Something looked awry. "Ha, looks like i **** a handgu...." he thought while simultaneously checking the location of his Glock 27... uh oh.

The telling of this story seems awfully vivid to be that of a "friend"...

Just sayin' :laugh:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Okay, here's a hypothetical:

Let's say for whatever reason, you need to drop you pants to do whatever it is you need to do. Let's also say that where you are, it would be contrary to your best interests if anyone could see gear you may be carrying since it will be in clear view of anyone else in the bathroom when your trousers are below the bottom edge of the stall wall. If someone in that situation didn't want people seeing their gear, it would be a good idea to remove that gear from where it could be viewed.

Oh I know, and I agree.

I just try to never pass up an opportunity to try and pick on you ;)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Why remove the gun when dropping trou'? Maybe not wanting an OWB gun to rest on those oh so sanitary public restroom floors. I think this may be a place where women have it all over you guys. I just hang my purse on the back of the stall door and put my sidearm in the purse. Do my business and then put the holster back on or the gun back in its holster before picking up purse and moving to the lavatory.

I've simply just folded the holster and all inside my pants when using a public restroom and not wanting an OWB carried gun to touch the nasty floors. You can also fold it in without having the rest of the restroom knowing what is going on. Never has to leave the holster. Hell, once business is taken care of and I'm getting ready to wash hands and leave, I barely even have to adjust holster position after the gear goes from folded into the pants and back to OWB.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Man, I feel for this man. They indicated that he had a sick look on his face. I think I had a sick look on my face when I read it.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I cannot duece in a public bathroom unless it is an emergency and I am about to blow up...LOL... AND I do mean BLOW UP, I have driven from Greenwood to near Greenfield before sweating bullets and pale because I refused to duece in a public place. Most generally if I **** in a public restroom I will try to find the urinal with my right side closest to a wall so I can rotate towards the wall if need be to draw. But I always keep my sidearm in the holster since I never duece in public...

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    For the love of God, do not let your pistol leave its holster in public people!!!! When you take a @#$# close your belt around your knees.

They should teach this in gun classes... :)

Top Bottom