• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    Normally, I might fire upon an intruder but I just couldn't do it this past Christmas when Santa Claus was bringing my son his first gun, a Mossberg 500 Bantam 20 gauge.

Here is his first day with it. After a while of him shooting single shots getting comfortable with it due to him being extremely nervous, I finally let him fill it up and unload.

We'll be back soon to start working on his form but this was mostly to get past the fear of the first time shooting the gun as well as getting familiar with the range rules and how to interact with others on the range, even though we were the only ones on this one.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Great to see you working with your son. Taking small steps is the way to get things done the right way. Congrats on a new shooting buddy!

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    Thanks all. He was so nervous about his first shot. After that first shot, he said it kind of hurt but then went ahead and emptied the box of rounds.

We were at MCFG so we checked out the trap shooting that was going on. That was very cool and I'll likely give that a shot at some point. There was some very impressive shooting going on last night.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Looking forward to doing this someday with my kids as well... (they are still 5-5-2)
    Glad to see the responsible use of eye/ear protection!

Top Bottom