• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    IIRC, they hooked it up to an electric motor. What they created WAS a machinegun. They are allowed to do so because they hold the proper licenses.

Like others said though, so long as you were activating each shot by some sort of mechanism, it would not be a machine gun. (Think old school hand-cranked gatling guns). If you put a motor on that gun and push a button to activate, it's a machine gun.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    You're correct on the licensing. They hold FFL07/SOT02 status that allows them to manufacture and register dealer sample machine guns.

They wouldn't be allowed to manufacture a motorized Gatling gun and then sell it to an individual though, unless that individual was also a dealer with a law letter or was a requisitioner for a law agency.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Sons of Guns has potential to be so much more than it is. I'm not going to go over the shortcomings that has been discussed enough. I hope the new season see's some improvement.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I will admit that the new show, American Guns or whatever has actually made me miss SoG! If it weren't for the hot (and unfortunately underaged) daughter, the new show would be totally without merit.

Top Bottom