• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    why are we talking about Will and the way he manages a made for TV gun shop? It's fake...

It's a little bit like questioning the skippers judgement in hiring Gilligan to be his first mate. No wonder they couldn't get off that island when eveyone else would simply come and go with each episode.

It's FAKE. Seriously - "reality" TV is fake. It's the Matrix people, see through it, don't believe it, it's not real.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Just the fact that the 2 people who are suppose to run the place are actually merely employees, and Vince (who owns it) is treated like a low level manual laborer tears it for me. Glad Vince wised up and left (Red Jacket is now owned by 2 other employees of the shop (not Steph or her dad), he was the only one I liked (maybe Joe). I can't wait to see the stuff he puts out from his own new company.

herpderp.jpg

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    why are we talking about Will and the way he manages a made for TV gun shop? It's fake...

It's a little bit like questioning the skippers judgement in hiring Gilligan to be his first mate. No wonder they couldn't get off that island when eveyone else would simply come and go with each episode.

It's FAKE. Seriously - "reality" TV is fake. It's the Matrix people, see through it, don't believe it, it's not real.

Im outta rep.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Just the fact that the 2 people who are suppose to run the place are actually merely employees, and Vince (who owns it) is treated like a low level manual laborer tears it for me. Glad Vince wised up and left (Red Jacket is now owned by 2 other employees of the shop (not Steph or her dad), he was the only one I liked (maybe Joe). I can't wait to see the stuff he puts out from his own new company.

herpderp.jpg

Coffee almost went from my nose to the screen.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    Triggers on the military channel thats a good show, mostly about the history and evolution of combat weapons.

Triggers is not a good show. I gave up on that long before giving up on Sons of Guns. How you're going to compare assault rifles and only ever test them in semi-auto at distances of 10-15 yards is completely ridiculous to me. Either get the proper permits to test the real things the way they were really used or don't even bother.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are several threads about the show Sons of Guns. Its been hashed over and over that the show is becoming a soap opera with fuzzy to inaccurate gun information being presented.

The episode on 18 January 2012 has reached a ridiculous low. The owner comes off as an emotional jerk that continues to make bad decisions and miss manage his employees. Steph, what can I say, a hot mess. This last build with the AR using a piston system vs gas and touting it as a brand new invention is absurd. Chris appears to be totally incomptent and the owner now says he loves him.

I'm done, I will never watch this poor excuse for entertainment again. This has become a soap opera that should not appeal to anyone that knows anything about guns. Its border line insulting to gun enthusiasts.

I have no idea who this show appeals to, but it has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Good bye Sons of Guns and good riddance.

Rant Off

When Steph tied that armband onto Chris......I switched over to Fox News. Now, can I get that 30 minutes of my life back?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Its a reality show, its supposed to be fake. They all are. Just like the towing shows, storage shows, pawn shop shows, dating type shows, etc. Its all embellished, why would this be any different?

If they showed the daily workings of a real gunsmithing shop it would be boring and no one would watch.

I don't particularly care for the show, the other gun shop show is almost as bad but at least the gals are slightly better quality, slightly being the key word.

Eh after football and hockey are done, TV is dead to me until they start back up.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

I criticized other threads that made fun of the way we have been mocking the women in these shows. Making negative comments on their physical appearance. But how can you look at this and not completely crack up! :laugh:

If I could rep you twice I would.

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    I will agree! Never liked the show! The Ar episode was completely over the top. My 18 year old liked it and I watched a few of the episodes. These guys give red necks with guns a bad name. What ever happened to Future weapons? I always liked that show and the host.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    first, if you had a had gun that was way over the top for you, i would reccamend just trading it in for a more resonable size for you, if you are set on keeping it... a compensator or even just handloaded ammo thats down in power. putting a buttstock on it sounded retarted.

future weapons was a good show. ran for two seasons. he still said some stupid things which i believe were simply tailered to an uneducated audiance.
    also funny to watch on netflix without commercials and realize how much the shows repeats itself, over and over, again and again, repeatedly, more than once with tons of repeating and redundance over and ever repeatedly.

bamayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    New Castle
    I watched it because of the gunsmithing and the unusual stuff that came through the door. After a while though it just gets rediculous, like silenced belt fed grenade launchers for sheriffs boats, and anything "designed" by Chris. Vince seems like he really knows what he is doing and I hope his new company takes off.

Top Bottom