• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I will give them credit for the explosive arrows where they mentioned several times that without the proper licensing it's highly illegal. And mentioning that the arrow dude couldn't take the arrows with him, he'd have to shoot them with RJ present as RJ had the license.

I think the owner actually knows his stuff and is probably pretty good about that kind of thing. In my estimation, most of his shenanigans are driven by the show, but he is smart enough to tell people "I have the proper license" so that he doesn't get his butt in some deep trouble with the BATFE.

I talked to the guys at my local shop and they know the Red Jacket guys from before Red Jacket had a TV show. Pretty sure some things have changed quite a bit now that htey have their own show.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    OK I'll play. I'm an 07/SOT. Here are some things I would never do (in no particular order):

1. Fire a harpoon shotgun in a shop full of people.
    2. Fire a machine gun loaded with blanks in the shop to watch my employees jump on TV.
    3. Port a shotgun starting at 6 inches from the breach to achieve a suppressed result that is still not hearing safe by about 12 dB.
    4. Show a house, cars, etc being blown up by small arms fire without disclosing that it was explosives that actually did the blowing up.
    5. Test fire an arrow from a shot gun for the first time by putting on a kitchen mitt and hiding most of the rest of my body behind a cinder block wall
    6. Do the above with my daughter standing right next to me.
    7. Use a radio shack mic 6" from the barrel of the muzzle of a weapon and call that sound reduction testing.
    8. Let a celebrity customer test fire an incomplete, untested, and unproven explosive arrow.
    9. Call a shrowded barrel suppressor integral.
    10. Catch a grass field on fire with a Ma Deuce.
    11. Shoot in a situation where I knew a grass field could catch on fire and not have the fire department there first.

Do I need to go on?

11. "Why are the tracers starting a fire?" That was so idiotic.

My guess is someone will be killed on this show shortly.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I don't know a lot about riffles but isn't the Dragunov sniper rifle basically a 1000 yd AK?

Don't know what the effective range or accuracy of a Dragunov is, but yes, it is a dedicated sniper rifle based on the AK action.

They didn't even use a 'TRUE" AK. It was a .308.

I wish that Will would quit saying every time he builds something that it's going to:

Revolutionize the market.

Corner the market.

Be something NO ONE else has ever done.

Really take RJ places.

THe stuff is interesting at best, but most of it's just novelties.

The WORST episode was the Katusha rockets from last year. Anyone can go down to a hobby shop or craft store, buy a bunch of Estes rockets and wire them to fire in sequence. That was SO stupid. Like shooting toys at them is REALLY going to scare off Somali pirates with AK's and RPG's.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I saw on a gun forum a couple of months ago out here in colorado, an advertisment asking
    for anyone who had any rare or antique guns that needed some gunsmithing attention.

It went on to say that they were going to start filming a tv series at a Denver gun shop
    sounded on the order of Sons Of Guns.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The WORST episode was the Katusha rockets from last year. Anyone can go down to a hobby shop or craft store, buy a bunch of Estes rockets and wire them to fire in sequence. That was SO stupid. Like shooting toys at them is REALLY going to scare off Somali pirates with AK's and RPG's.

I bet they don't make it a day in a marine enviroment

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ok, so I watched a rerun of the episode with the Arisaka and that crap actually pissed me off. Too much talk about how hard the ammo was to find, too much about how rare it was...Instead of sending doofus to look in tool boxes down the street for ammo, have his annoying dayghter do a 30 second search on Midway for some freaking ammo, ya asshats...

....Sheesh.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I held one of their AK's at a shop in Cincinnati Sunday, very nice. I don't think it was worth the $1,198 they wanted but it looked like it was! Blood red wood caught my eye when I walked in, man o man I didn't want to hand it back.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Didnt know when I started this thread that I had created a monster, every few days this thing jumps back up. To each their own. I find the show entertaining.

AzNooB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    This is probably one of the dumbest shows ever. It's definitely made for those who aren't knowledgeable about firearms. Who else would think making the Katana was an incredible feat?

PTA grad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think its probably the coolest gun show I've seen on TV, but some of the episodes are obviously scripted, but man there is some serious eye candy in that shop. Just reminds me of all cool stuff I'd be doing if I were rich.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i like that its about guns, i hate all the people crap, and the drama. just tell me about the gun, dont care about their pressure, their lives etc. i hate reality TV in general.

jake

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I just saw next week's preview....what trash. Suppressor a grenade launcher...how tough can that be, I have shot M-79's and 203's They are quiet to start with. And then he says "we are going hot...high explosives" while loading blue practice rounds in the gun...what BS, I guarantee any explosion in next week's show will be special effects with the explosives already in the shed.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I've never been fond of the show. I think they create artificial deadlines to create urgency. Example: "Hey, can you attach this AR-15 to this peanut butter and jelly sandwich?". "Sure I'll have it done by Saturday." and then scramble like mad to get it accomplished. Why not give a month and take the time to get it done right? Some of what they do looks cool (dynamic entry shotgun) but I'll pass on the show. Glad it's there for others.

Top Bottom