• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, that Muzzelite stock gets TERRIBLE ratings from people that actually want to use their weapons. Crappy trigger linkage system and overall crappy construction from what I have heard. And I've been watching that stock for about 9 years now, so I've heard most of it.

I just don't see how they decided that a .22 would be a great zombie gun....I just don't think it would have adequate penetration to punch through a skull. I could be wrong, but....I wouldn't want to depend on it. i did like that stock, though; wish I could get one of those.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I despise all of the "Reality TV" shows that are anything but real, but they do serve a purpose--they show the recreational side of firearms, folks having a good time--not holding up liquor stores or participating in drive-by's.

My tastes tend to go more for the shows on the Outdoor Channel that showcase new guns and training techniques. I just can't afford the Dish TV package that offers these shows. Every so often I'll get a free preview month of the Outdoor Channel, the Military Channel, etc. and I'm all set.

:rockwoot:

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Yeah, that Muzzelite stock gets TERRIBLE ratings from people that actually want to use their weapons. Crappy trigger linkage system and overall crappy construction from what I have heard. And I've been watching that stock for about 9 years now, so I've heard most of it.

I just don't see how they decided that a .22 would be a great zombie gun....I just don't think it would have adequate penetration to punch through a skull. I could be wrong, but....I wouldn't want to depend on it. i did like that stock, though; wish I could get one of those.

The stock on the show used the stock trigger so itd b fine.

Max Brooks has this hard on for .22s and little correct firearms knowledge. He thinks normal folks can't comprehend how to use a military style rifle. He also thinks that like all AKs have full auto capability. Dude is a complete jackass when it comes to guns.

A .22 can penetrate a skull but I'd think range of how far would be limited and .22 ammo isnt the most reliable ammo out there. Also if u have to use your weapon against hostile humans I'd want something that could drop them.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Max Brooks has this hard on for .22s and little correct firearms knowledge. He thinks normal folks can't comprehend how to use a military style rifle. He also thinks that like all AKs have full auto capability. Dude is a complete jackass when it comes to guns.

A .22 can penetrate a skull but I'd think range of how far would be limited and .22 ammo isnt the most reliable ammo out there. Also if u have to use your weapon against hostile humans I'd want something that could drop them.

We are talking fantasy tactics against fantasy creatures here--why can't the .22 have fantasy stopping power?

:n00b: :n00b: :n00b: :n00b: :n00b:

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i watched the show last night. Im am over it.....stupid drama with stupid people that know nothing about how things really work. Then they assume that everyone else knows nothing and they spout stupidity on tv and claim it to be truth.:n00b::n00b::n00b:

as far as the zombie gun goes that max brooks guy is a idiot too. and that whole thing was done just for the TV show. You wouldnt pick a .22 for shooting deer because its not enough to drop them. So why would you pick a .22 for a human (about the same size)? plus the bull pup design was STUPID for what they did. Bull pups are ment for close quarters not for long distance shooting. and being compact like they were saying does not make it more comfortable. I also had to laugh when he said (in a round about way) that we scrawny civilians couldnt handle the mighty power of the .223/5.56 round. I dont know about you guys but last i check our armed forces are made up of civilians and not cyborgs. And i have never been knocked down or even pushed back from shooting my AR.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Max Brooks is the guy that came with the whole "you should try to avoid using guns, it will attract every zombie from miles around" thing.

Really Max? He's obviously never been in the woods during deer season or in the hood when some dumbf*** starts shooting. I've experienced both. It's not easy for people or animals with a fully functioning brain to pinpoint it behind maybe a general direction, so how is a rotting corpse with a barely functioning one supposed to?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Let me ask you guys a question. If you owned a shop, and someone asked you to do a build for them. Even if you may not like what they want done. Are you going to turn business down? That is the point of having a business right, to make money? If you do not like the show, then don't watch it, and stop *****ing about it. It's not going to change anything.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    NO Sons of Guns thread is complete without this picture.

Stephanie-Hayden-Derp.jpg

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I still watch the show when there's nothing else on because there's some cool guns every now and then. The owner and his family are idiots! and *****ing about it is what we do here! :dunno:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Let me ask you guys a question. If you owned a shop, and someone asked you to do a build for them. Even if you may not like what they want done. Are you going to turn business down? That is the point of having a business right, to make money? If you do not like the show, then don't watch it, and stop *****ing about it. It's not going to change anything.
    Welcome to the Internet, are you interested in a tour?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    That whole episode was a joke. They wanted a gun that readily available to everyone. Is a grenade launcher, silencers, full auto, and custom machining work readily available to everyone? The show in general ticks me off.
    They put a saiga kit call it a Red Jacket shotgun when i reality they took the original firearm and just modified it. I can do that myself without paying double if not triple the price of the gun

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    I agree American Guns much better show. Rich knows his stuff and they have some really talent working on their weapons. I would love to have a custom 1911 from them but would have to auction my first born and my wife already said NO.

Top Bottom