Sorry No Pictures, We All Know What They Look Like....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    How would you feel if you drove an hour or two to buy a Mosin that you hadn't seen a picture of and upon arrival you find out it's not as described?. I'm not picking on you but I have been seeling on Gunbroker and Ebay for almost 9 years and from my experience PICTURES DO HELP.

I wouldn't drive that far for any Mosin unless it was a collectable. I wouldn't drive that far for any gun really. I do know what you're saying though. But I just don't think it should be a rule to always have pics in an ad.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I wouldn't drive that far for any Mosin unless it was a collectable. I wouldn't drive that far for any gun really. I do know what you're saying though. But I just don't think it should be a rule to always have pics in an ad.
    I'll betcha one thing. If people keep offering to text/email pix in their ads there will be a "no pix, no post" rule.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    OP:

you know what gets to me?
    when someon makes a post without using the SEARCH bar to see if it's already been talked about or not..
    "sorry if this was already posted, MODS help a brotha out"

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/forum_support_suggestions/274763-no_pics_at_this_time.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...propose_a_new_classified_rule_about_pics.html

there ya go, I did a lil 5 second search for the OP.. you could've done it as well. :D

no one said you had to click on the ad, or buy that firearm.. :twocents:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I always post pictures. I usually post a small-medium picture in the thread with a link to the hi-res version on one of my servers. I also highlight or point out any problems or concerns. I post the way I wish others would.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    To all who post without pics....THANK YOU. You eliminate some of the competition to get a bargain..I do not mind PMing you and asking questions,then meeting to truly inspect!

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Why would you buy a $50 camera to sell something that will sell without pics? I sure do have a camera on my phone, but no way to get pics online with it without texting them to someone else so they can upload them for me.

You should be able to just send a picture message to your email. That's what I usually do to get my phone pictures to my computer. Just open the picture on your phone and click send (just like you would to send any picture message), but instead of selecting a contact or number, type out your email address. And if you do this often, just create a contact in your phone without a phone number and only an email address so you don't have to type out your whole email address every time. (I use an old flip phone that is about 4 years old, so it should work on any newer phones too)

As for posting pictures in general, I don't really care one way or the other. But then again, I don't look in the classifieds because I might find something a want but don't need :): otherwise it's just too tempting.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Well look at me... I just listed a CZ-52 and get this I put a picture..... It wasnt hard at all to ad a picture..... I may have even taken the pic whilst traveling down I70 at a speed I wont describe...

It wasnt hard at all

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There is no good reason to not have a photo of the item for sale. Most phones have better digital cameras today than existed just 10 years ago. Photobucket accounts cost nothing and take 5 minutes to set up and even give you the links you need to post photos.

No photos on a sale item is a red flag for me. It tells me the seller is either lazy or hiding something. How many people would go into a gun shop and buy a used gun based on just having the box in the display case. I'm guessing nobody.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Well look at me... I just listed a CZ-52 and get this I put a picture..... It wasnt hard at all to ad a picture..... I may have even taken the pic whilst traveling down I70 at a speed I wont describe...

It wasnt hard at all

And the 1st person to contact you can't understand the value of pictures. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    There is no good reason to not have a photo of the item for sale. Most phones have better digital cameras today than existed just 10 years ago. Photobucket accounts cost nothing and take 5 minutes to set up and even give you the links you need to post photos.

No photos on a sale item is a red flag for me. It tells me the seller is either lazy or hiding something. How many people would go into a gun shop and buy a used gun based on just having the box in the display case. I'm guessing nobody.

Not everyone has a phone with good picture quality. I bet if I posted pictures here on my phone people would complain about the quality. Not to mention at a gun store the gun is right there, no need for a camera. I have no camera and my phone camera sucks bad.

And the 1st person to contact you can't understand the value of pictures. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

:dunno: I don't care about pics, I just wanted to know trade interests.

Do you guys not inspect the gun when you meet for the deal? Every time a thread like this shows up I can't understand why everyone freaks out when there is no picture in the ad. Why not ask questions before you meet and if the guy is honest he'll tell you if there is anything wrong with the gun.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    bacon-gun.jpg

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I don't care if a Glock is a Glock. If you want to sell yours, you should post a pic of it. I want to see what the one you are selling looks like, not a stock photo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A Glock is a Glock is a Glockor Sig226, AR, .45 etc
    Why post a pic of one?
    Everything I've sold here over the years had no pics and they sold quickly.
    If it's an unusual piece I understand but most know what things look like and if not then ask for a pic to be posted via PM.
    :twocents:

Bob
    Ever heard the term "pig in a poke"? I won't buy one... Especially if it meant driving an hour or two before even seeing it in person.

Top Bottom