Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    going on Sunday

tumblr_inline_n8k3lxbDs21r08gui.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Haven't wasted my time in the last two years. According to friends in the area, I haven't missed a thing. I don't mean to sound course about it by any means but sadly enough, there are better prices to be had in private transactions or buying new at a LGS.

These gun show threads usually end in members telling how poor either the selection availability was or the high ridiculous prices. I'll go to the local grocery store if I'm in need of jerky.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Gunshows are a lot like farm auctions,...........you may go to several before you hit one that's worthwhile, but you can do very well at the winner. Unfortunately, if you don't go you'll never see the winner. Kinda like lottery tickets,........you have to play to win. After 30yrs of going to shows all across the country I've settled into only travelling any real distance for the 'good' shows, but if it's close enough I'll go to any show. Like a bad day fishing,......it still beats work.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Gunshows are a lot like farm auctions,...........you may go to several before you hit one that's worthwhile, but you can do very well at the winner. Unfortunately, if you don't go you'll never see the winner. Kinda like lottery tickets,........you have to play to win. After 30yrs of going to shows all across the country I've settled into only travelling any real distance for the 'good' shows, but if it's close enough I'll go to any show. Like a bad day fishing,......it still beats work.

Congrats on hitting 50 posts :ingo:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Still feel the same way: Won't attend any gun show that requires lawful LTCH holders to disarm (not sure if this one does, but most do). It's hypocritical, and if lawful gun-toters stop supporting these guys, the policy will change, or they'll go out of business, as they then should.

We see LOTS of complaints on INGO of businesses, etc. requiring gun-carriers to not carry, and how we should NOT patronize those businesses, :blahblah: :crying:

Yet, these SAME folks will patronize a gun show that denies them the right to lawfully carry while still illegitimately claiming they're 'pro-Second Amendment supporters'. It's :bs: and perhaps even a worse pile of :poop: coming from the gun community, itself.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I've never been to a gun show that DIDN'T have a condition 4 show clear check at the door. I wasn't aware that there were any that didn't do this?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Can any one say "insurance requirements"?

I'll bet few here have ever set up at a fair grounds for any event, gun show or other. I have, last time I sat up at the Elkhart fair grounds insurance cost me $500 for 1 week.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was there today. I got a good buy on .308 match ammo. I also bought a set of AK furniture.
    I noticed the target guy wasn't there... he has always been there.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    My wife and I were there today too after the garage sale. First time there and had a good chat with the fellas from Kodiak, and ZX

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Paid $6 admission. Picked up a mildly rusty 40mm ammo can for $15 and a 20 round box of reloaded Jap 7.7 ammo for $27. Spent one hour there. I learned from Kodiak guys that the steel plinking range targets are going away for good. Just gonna be rifle/pistol and archery on standard paper targets, and they are beefing up their air ventilation. Kinda bummed about the loss of the steel targets :-(

Top Bottom