• Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Went to the gun show yesterday
    I'm wishin so much for the old days , Saw hardly anything of interest
    And with ammo approaching gold prices I always ask why would I need another item any way? I've got enough babies to feed now LOL
    I saw one guy I knew that was selling ammo he said more than half of what he brought was gone in the first hour.
    I always go to a show if it's within 100 miles and I'm not working my side job
    I did enjoy running into 8 or 10 people I know and had a great time chatting
    I guess I'm getting to be an old timer as I always say I remember when this and that but I'm really getting bummed going to the shows these days .
    But it seems if things keep going as they are the Gun show will go the way of the Dodo bird.
    I'm also wondering what loophole they keep talking about ?
    I still have background checks done when I buy from a dealer when I buy at shows.
    ( Yes I know the law I'm just being sarcastic)
    For the life of me why doesn't anyone set these loophole chatters stright!!

Should have posted about the show earlier maybe could have had a face to face hello with some of you as we like to do at hamfests.

Hope this is in the right catagory
    and maybe we should post when we are heading to the shows so we can know some of us better

Farmritch

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    Have you checked out the INDY 1500. Great show and worth a trip even if you are far up North.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    You posted in the right spot. I hope the INGO hats will help people identify members at gun shows and the like.

Hope this is in the right catagory
    and maybe we should post when we are heading to the shows so we can know some of us better

Farmritch

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I went Saturday also. The only deal I saw was some gun cases and bags. I picked up three from them. I was looking for ammo, bullets, etc. and not much there. The show is very close to not being worth going to. But you never know what might be there.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Been to the 1500 but to quote
    It's just more of the same
    last time there was no bulk ammo
    It's just not like it was

Farmritch

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I went to the South Bend show a few times, but there was never anything there that I was remotely interested in. I remember when they used to hold them at the Century Center. Those I thought were much better.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I haven't seen good ammo deals in about 3 years at a gun show around here. These dealers are out of there minds. Stuff going for 2 times what I can buy it for online delivered!

I constantly hear them b*tching about "how hard it is... nobody is buying" I wonder why? lol.

It's a shame. I still keep going because occasionally I find a good deal on a gun or maybe some ammo cans. Thats about it.

Top Bottom