• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've been sending this to anyone who will not sell me "standard capacity" magazines and they have all looked into it and have decided that they have taken South Bend off there do not sell list.

From South Bend Police Blog

South Bend Police Blog

Weapons Capacity?
    Q: I have heard that there is a ban on high capacity pistol magazines in the city of South Bend. As a concealed carry permit holder, I feel it is necessary to know for sure. Is it unlawful to carry a pistol with a high capacity (greater than ten rounds) magazine within SB city limits?

A: The former "Brady Bill" banned high capacity magazines but that law has since expired and high capacity magazines are no longer banned federally or at the city level.

South Bend thinks they're "concealed carry permits", eh? :rolleyes:

Looks more like whoever sent SBPD that question thinks they're "CC permits", unless they make up questions...

I have to ask, noticing the Q&A format, though....

SBPD has a FAQ? :D

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I tried to get in contact with the webmaster for the SBPD website regarding typos and other incorrect information peddled by the site. The email for the webmaster was broken, the email for the actual LEO in charge of the website is broken, and the general SBPD email address said "If you need an actual response call us because this address is rarely checked." Some way to run an informational website. SB Sucks.

Mvdxxx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    South Bend
    I personally love the city of South Bend and the city of Mishawaka............but some of the people and the police here are total morons. But maybe I'm the moron for liking it here??

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I personally love the city of South Bend and the city of Mishawaka............but some of the people and the police here are total morons. But maybe I'm the moron for liking it here??

Perhaps you are a moron...J/K!

I hate to make a blanket statement and I'm sure there are exceptions...but the police in South Bend seem to have the least regard for the law of any police anywhere I have lived. I would say that over half of all police cars I have seen in the three years I have lived here have been speeding more than 15 MPH over the speed limit. I wish I were exaggerating. A few had their lights on...perhaps a few were running silent to a code...the rest were just speeding because they can. I can't count on two hands the number of times I saw a police car drive up to a red light at normal speed, blip the lights and siren and run the red light, and then go back to driving normal afterwards. Come On Guys!

There was a time I called about a domestic fight in my driveway between a couple of upstanding citizens. When the four squad cars arrived three of the LEOs ended up arguing amongst themselves about who was supposed to show up at the house. I thought it was going to come to blows between the three of them. The others dealt with the morons in my driveway and ended up having to pull the other officers away from each other to get back in the cars. It was a real sight. I didn't know which one of the groups looked more ridiculous.

To avoid a total cop-bashing posting...I've had the police to the house twice (once for this domestic dispute, and the other for a false alarm on the house alarm while I was at work. Both times had the police on scene in UNDER 2 minutes. I don't care where you are, that's very impressive. I maybe would deal with the BS I see if I know help will arrive that fast. Kudos to SBPD for that.

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    Twenty Five years ago I had relocated my young family to the West side of Southbend on Lawndale Ave. We rented a house in this area thinking it was a decent neighborhood. The day we moved in there was a teenager running across the lawn with a bunch of kids chasing him. I said to my wife "aww... Look honey the kids are playing." Ten minutes later they came back the other direction. This time the punks all had wooden bats and pipes. I thought to myself we had moved to the wrong neighborhood.

During the next year there were 12 car break ins including our vehicle. Some Cady even had their dash laying on the lawn in the morning. But what took the cake was that they poisoned my favorite dog. I don't know how anyone could ever do that. I miss my dog Rusty but I don't miss the punks.

I don't know what is wrong with SB. You have Notre Dame there and St. Mary's. You would think that this would make it a great college town. Evidently the problem is too big.

Easy. It's been ran by democrats for years!

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    it's kind of funny. As most of you know I am trying to get this range open in South Bend. I just went before the common council on Monday night, committee that afternoon, board of zoning a month or so ago etc. Because of this website I was made aware of the high capacity mag ban and why it could not be enforced. Throughout this whole time I have been waiting for someone, somewhere on one of these committees or employees to ask me about the ban. I was ready with an answer. Not one person has asked me yet about it. No one has questioned me about having high capacity mags in the gun shop or customers coming in with high capacity mags, etc. Maybe I should not have said anything. Just forget what I said. LOLOLOL

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Easy. It's been ran by democrats for years!

This is what gives you new people a bad name. You have resurrected a thread that hadn't been posted in, in 8 months. For what purpose? To make a one line comment that doesn't add anything to the discussion. :rolleyes:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    How can South Bend be bad? It has a fine upstanding citizen that runs the greatest gun shop in the area. I'm not sure what any of his prices are but I love listening to Len at gun shows. That guy is a riot.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is what gives you new people a bad name. You have resurrected a thread that hadn't been posted in, in 8 months. For what purpose? To make a one line comment that doesn't add anything to the discussion. :rolleyes:

He's not really a new people. Join Date: Nov 2008

But odd, yes.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    How can South Bend be bad? It has a fine upstanding citizen that runs the greatest gun shop in the area. I'm not sure what any of his prices are but I love listening to Len at gun shows. That guy is a riot.

Whenever I plan a trip to Len's AMMO shop (he's no longer a gun shop). I clear 20 minutes from my schedule for a good lesson on the Constitution and/or recommendations on the exercise of the freedoms in it, whether I want it or not. :): :patriot: He is a great guy.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL

No, I have to concur I love it here too (though I'm technically in Mishawaka). Of course, I did move to here out of Cook County so for me it was like going from East to West Berlin, but I don't get what everyone's complaining about. As long as you don't live in that near west triangle, it's generally pretty calm. I will say though, one day I will have a house in Granger if I end up sticking around this area long term. That's where I'd prefer to raise a family.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Whenever I plan a trip to Len's AMMO shop (he's no longer a gun shop). I clear 20 minutes from my schedule for a good lesson on the Constitution and/or recommendations on the exercise of the freedoms in it, whether I want it or not. :): :patriot: He is a great guy.

LOL we were at a gun show and got to hear how great Hitler was from good ol Len. Everyone was just standing there looking at him wondering when someone was going to shut him up. A friend that lives up in South Bend said that Len made him wipe his feet on the U.N. flag when he walked in. Fat Daddy's was another gem of South Bend. I got to hear many unwanted rants against minorities and his creepy helper wanted to help you try boots or jackets on. I kind of miss that place. How many places can you go in and buy some small random things for $5 and walk out with a free 2 liter of generic orange soda and a 2 year old bag of Rold Gold pretzels?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Dont know about the Indiana constitution but he's the guy with the 1919's, Fal's, and the linking machines for 1919's

Yep, he is the one. He embarrassed my wife to death at a show one time. Talking to her real loud and drawing attention.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009

Is that the one on Michigan Street in SB? Little place with bars on the windows and only has ammo and accessories?

Top Bottom